-->

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tuesday Talk: Newport Edition




It's time for another Tuesday Talk with Erika and Ashley.  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE


This is the linkup where we can talk about anything and everything.


I picked Newport as this month's topic as we are approaching one of my favorite weekends of the year.


Each year, we attend the Annual Newport Food and Wine Festival in Newport RI with some of our closest friends.  We started going 5 years ago so this year is our FIVE YEAR NEWPORT ANNIVERSARY- can I get a what what?  Anyway...I digress.....


I am more excited this year because I didn't even know if we would be able to attend AND I feel like we will be totally exhaling now that Rob has landed a great new job.  It was a crazy summer and so far, a very busy fall and I just need a couple of days to decompress and refuel.


Here is what we have planned.......



Friday


I am taking a VACATION DAY...yeah!!  So need it...sometimes I just don't know when to stop and work has been crazy so I am going to force myself to only check my email once/hour...that will be hard for me so let's see how I do....ha ha!!  The girls and I are headed down to Newport first thing!  The plan is to meet all the ladies for lunch at one of our favorite spots "22 Bowens."  Check them out HERE


Here we are last year just after lunch...



After lunch, we walk around and go into as many of the little shops as possible...they are the quintessential New England beach town shops and oh so perfect to hit with the girls.


Later on, we will check into our inn.  We are so excited to be staying at The Pelham Court again.  We stayed their two years ago and agreed it was our favorite place.  Last year they had already booked up but our trusty pal Cass stayed on them this year until they would let her book all of our necessary rooms- we can't wait!  Check them out HERE 


The picture above is of the magical courtyard.  Oh boy did we have a fun dance party there two years ago...we may have been forced to go inside and go to bed- ha! #suburbanhousewivesthinktheyarefun

Exhibit A



This year we ended up making dinner in our suites and last year we did the same.  This year, to make it easier, we are going out for a light bite...and it gives us another excuse to dress up and put on some more cute clothes- ha ha!!


Saturday


This is the day of the Grand Tasting at The Newport Wine and Food Festival- it is such an incredible event put on the by the Newport Mansions Association.  It takes place at The Marble House each year which is one of the historic mansions that sits right on the ocean.  We are under tents on the front lawn overlooking the ocean.  The event is four hours long and the first year we went I wondered how we could keep entertained for that long but friends?  The time flies by!  We taste the best wines from all around the world and eat the most delicious food while walking around the grounds of the mansion and looking out at the ocean- it couldn't be more perfect!  You can check the event out HERE 

We are always VIP at the Grand Tasting and it is a magical experience.






The past few years, after the event, we would all go to dinner BUT we agreed that after such a full day of eating and win'ing that this year, we will go back to our suites and order pizza and enjoy some music and chill.  I think it makes sense and will be even more fun!


Sunday


Rob and I always head out first thing so we can get home to the girls and take them to their practices/activities and such.  They just tried out for the Nutcracker on Sunday so we are awaiting the cast list and rehearsal schedule and know our weekends will now be full through Thanksgiving!  That's why we do things like Newport...little getaways to decompress, appreciate life and spend QT with our friends.  I am so excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Holly!! That looks like so much fun!! Have a great time!!

Rechelle said...

What a fun weekend tradition! Getting away with friends is always good, have FUN!!!

My Glittery Heart said...

SO much fun! Ben and I are going to a wine tasting Thursday night

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...