-->

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tailgate Dip

On Saturday, we were heading to the Annual Wolverines Jaguars Day at WHS.  It was another chance for Diana to march onto the high school football field with a high school cheerleader.  In addition, I had to be there for our team and help them practice their halftime routine.  They did so well!  Prior to the game, we partook in the tailgating party.  I still can't believe that Marion and I started this 5 years ago.  The tradition continues and grows bigger every year.  


So...with all of the responsibilities and rushing around, I needed something quick.  It was Pinterest to the Rescue again.  I read a couple of different dip recipes and then put together my own concoction and I am calling it Tailgate Dip!  You can even get more creative and add different ingredients to it like corn or jalapenos if you are really daring!

Ingredients:

  • 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup creamy ranch dressing
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup beer (I used Corona Light)
  • 3/4 cup cooked & chopped bacon
  • Green onions, chopped

Directions:

STEP 1: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and ranch dressing using an electric mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
STEP 2: Mix in your favorite beer until combined.
STEP 3: Add in shredded cheese.
STEP 4: Add chopped bacon and green onions and mix until combined.

I served with a couple of options: Wheat Thins and Lime Flavored Tostitos- both were amazing!  You can really get creative with your dippers- pretzels, Ritz crackers and even veggies would work too!
Try it...it is the perfect accompaniment to an outdoor football game!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...