-->

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Keeping It Fun During This Long, Cold, Harsh Winter!


It was so nice to be able to get out this weekend. Rob has been gigging so much to bring in some extra money during these tough times and Diana has caught colds and viruses....on top of all the snow, ice and cold, it hasn't been fun to say the least!

I have been going a bit stir crazy so it was nice to get out!

Friday night, my mom and I went out for our girls night. We haven't been able to do that in so long and we had a blast.

We trekked up to Felicia's in Stoneham- it is the sister restaurant to Felicia's of the North End and did it up.

She started with a Cosmo and I had the most delicious Cantaloupe Martini...it was just wonderful. The waitress told us, it was a mix of Clementine Vodka, Watermelon Schnapps and Orange Juice...this will be my next experiment!

Then we decided to just share some apps because that is our favorite thing to do at Felicia's- we had our favorite The Grand Marnier shrimp which is to die for! Then we shared a Caesar salad and a side of eggplant parm...just wonderful.

We topped the night off with my mom's fave- a coffee drink- the B52 and called it a night...oh of course we bought our lottery tickets on our way home....and talked again about the numbers she always plays and how lucky her and her father always was.

It was a special night...we really got into some deep conversation and talked about the kind of people we are...I am so lucky that I have my mom who has always offered her support...I need it more than ever now as I wing my way through being a mom!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...