-->

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

What's Up Wednesday (August 30, 2023)

 





Hi Friends!  Before we get to my favorite linkup, I want to send the best wishes to my girls for a wonderful school year!  School started today and I will recap on Friday!

 

Without further ado....here we go

 

 

What We're Eating This Week

 

Monday- Caprese Chicken and Chick Pea Pasta 


 

Tuesday- Greek Chicken Skewers, Cukes and Rice


 

Wednesday- Chicken, Broccoli and Bowties (FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!)

Thursday- Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake


 

 Friday- M&D at Amanda's Wedding- Girls Takeout with Papa

 

 

What I'm Reminiscing About

 

Our Wonderful Summer 

 







 




 
















What I'm Loving

 

These linen pants- Find them HERE ...thank you Amazon!  Also snagged them in navy and camel- so comfy and flowy and summery

 



 

 What We've Been Up To


See Answer and Pictures to "What I'm Reminiscing About" above...


Bottom line...we have been summering hard

We picked strawberries...we read a lot...we swam...we enjoyed MANY great softball games...we hung out with friends...we went to the lake..we saw Shania Twain with Besties...we experienced the trip of a lifetime in Italy...we went to the beach and we enjoyed quality family time!




 What I'm Dreading


Thinking positively...just keeping the faith and praying business picks up very soon!

 


What I'm Working On


Business Development at Work...Getting Ready and Organized for the School Year at Home and Blackout 2023!




What I'm Excited About


The new school year...all the new and fun things that this time of year brings- new supplies- new outfits- new teachers and new schedules...the start of dance and hockey and play rehearsals...bring on all the fun!




What I'm Watching/Reading



LOVED some Summer Series like



And Just Like That




The Summer I Turned Pretty




OutDaughtered

 




Pen15 (this was a binge watch and not necessarily a summer series)





and my two books for August were


Golden Hills by Jennifer Weiner


Awesome short story by one of my favorite authors....the name doesn't really fit but loved the political story.  Find it HERE




and "Everyone Here Is Lying" by Shari Lapena

Find it HERE

Another winner by an amazing suspense author- this will be in my Top 5 of the year!!





 

What I'm Listening To



LOTS of Taylor Swift in these parts :)

 


 

 

 What I'm Wearing



Those linen pants....



 Barbie Attire



A Little Lilly



and in Italy it was all about the shorts and dresses...lots of fun fashion!














 and my new favorite coverup :)



 

 What I'm Doing This Weekend


We have a wedding on Friday Night- hope to get some outdoor time on Saturday- dinner at Mimi and Papa's Saturday Night to celebrate Mama's Birthday- Party at our Friends on Sunday and Dinner with Besties on Monday- hoping it is a perfect Labor Day Weekend!

 

 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

 

Celebrating Turning 50 and Blackout 2023!

 



 

What Else Is New?


This guy gave us a big scare when we were in Italy.  He refused to eat and drink while at Doggy Daycare.  So stubborn and nervous.  My Father in Law, who is the best, picked him up and brought him to the animal hospital where they gave him an IV so he would not get dehyrdated...after that, he still wouldn't eat until we got home three days later...Thank God he is ok AND he is loving life now that we are all home....freshy!


 


Favorite Recent Amazon Purchases


Custom Cake Topper HERE for Diana's Birthday Cake



Sleeveless Sweater HERE


 



and Party Shoes HERE


 



 That's a wrap!  Can't wait to see what's up with YOU!



8 comments:

Rightupmyaliway said...

What a fabulous summer and wonderful month! I love following along with all your fun adventures! Have a great Wednesday!

Andrea Nine said...

What a positively delightful summer you’ve had! 50 is going to look so good on you girl. Love your linen pants, but most of all, your happy smile!

Maria Rineer said...

So much good stuff, Holly! You summarized it best- summering hard!! Love all the pics of your amazing summer. Hope the girls have the best first day of school ;).

Kym said...

That breakfast bake looks delicious, and I loved all your summer fun photos!

Good Better Best Food said...

Love all of the Italy photos and love that we are both basically having breakfast for dinner on Thursday. See you tomorrow for Monthly Musings!

Natasha said...

I love all the fun you had this summer! And I hope your girls had a GREAT first day of school! I need to go write my Monthly Musings post now :)

Joanne said...

You definitely have so many wonderful summer memories!! I am off to check out those pants and copy a few of those recipes. The food all looks so yummy!

Ruth said...

What an amazing summer Holly! You must have So many wonderful memories of that trip of a lifetime to Italy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...