-->

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Workin' It Wednesday: How I Transition My Wardrobe



It's time for another fun linkup with Erika and Shay.  Linking up HERE

This month we are talking how we transition our wardrobes from Summer to Fall.


It is no secret that I LOVE Lilly Pulitzer prints.  It is always kind of sad when I have to put the bright prints away for the fall and winter.  She does make some transitional pieces and pieces for cooler weather but for the most part, my wardrobe becomes much darker until Spring hits again.

It is funny because I have always LOVED fall clothing.  I actually think that Fall is the best season for fashion- rich jewel tones, layers, pretty scarfs, booties...you get the point!

I still feel that way and I have a couple of things to share about this time of year!





Scarves

Oh the joy...In the last couple of years, I have really enjoyed adding scarves to my outfits in the fall and winter and even spring. Nordstrom always has cute ones that go on sale and I learned about them from my blogging friends of course. They hang in my closet on a tie rack.  

I have a few faves.  First, this one that I found on Amazon...it is kind of short but I can still make it work.  It is funny too, I love it best with a white tee.  It has the pretties shades of orange and pink as well as some neutrals.

and then this one from Nordstrom is another fave- perfect for fall with the neutrals and even at Christmastime.




Layers

So I love adding light jackets and vests to my outfits in the fall and winter too. The army green/fatigue colors have been my favorite over the last few years.  I am also a sucker for a leather jacket!







Earth Tones and Bold Dark Colors

Yes....I go darker...but I am still attracted to bold colors in the winter.  Not as bright but you get the point.  I also love pairing black patent leather heels with dresses and outfits and in earth and jewel tones.
 This dress was from INC at Macy's last year.  I find that I shop there more so in the fall and winter as well.  They always have interesting pieces this time of year.

That's a wrap.  I am looking forward to seeing you what you all do to transition your wardrobes.

2 comments:

Stephanie Rae said...

Love that Black & White Striped Top paired with the Green Jacket! Where did you get that Striped Top?

Holly said...

Hi Stephanie! It was actually from Stitchfix last year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...