-->

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Life Lately (November 15, 2016)

Life Lately.....

Now that cheer is over, I feel like I am back in the land of the living.  I have been able to catch up on some cleaning and organizing and life in general!

Here is "Life Lately"....


Friday- Veteran's Day
We went to my happy place- Portsmouth- with Lea and Sam
It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed walking around and going in the shops and then grabbing a quick lunch at The River House
My favorite shop is Seaside Allure- they started in Marblehead MA and later opened a location in Portsmouth.  

They had tons of Lilly!  What I enjoyed even more was looking at all of their adorable Christmas decorations.  Sam found some wine glasses for Lea and me- she cracks me up!



 and these two crazy cats insisted on matching unicorns...then they proudly exclaimed that their names were "Piper and Prosecco"...yep we almost choked on our lunch ;)

 and a shot of the Mamas

Friday Night
Cass had snagged an incredible Groupon months ago for a 7 course tasting menu at a funky little restaurant in Somerville called Bergamot (just outside of Boston- 1 town North).  As a result, we had set a date in November months ago and the gals all forgot until a few days before.  We are so glad we made it happen.  For me, it was a wonderful chance to catch up with friends who I haven't seen in awhile.  The food, was amazing and a definite plus.  The atmosphere was funky and lively and just perfect for a cozy girls' night.
 Check them out HERE
Here are the girls

and here are some of the courses we enjoyed....
The salmon and mango salsa...delish!

The beet salad

The roasted squash- actually my favorite course!

 The monk fish- I usually love monk fish but this was a little too salty

  
The beef

and the dessert which was a spice cake alongside squash ice cream- sounds bizarre right?  It was incredible!

Saturday
It was time for a whole lot of running around.  
Rob took the girls to Eva's gymnastics and dance classes while I helped the WW board collect football equipment.  As bundled up as I was, I didn't expect to be so cold.  It took me an hour to defrost at home!  Yikes!

At 1pm, it was time for Diana to head to ECE to tryout for the Half Year program. This was her 5th year trying out.  I can't believe it.  I think she was more excited this year than any other.  She is more determined then ever!

Here is a look back at her tryout days

Year 1- Age 4

Year 2- Age 5

Year 3- Age 6

Year 4- Age 7

and this weekend, Year 5- Age 8

When we got home, it was time to prep dinner for our guests- Tracey, Heath, Cole and Michael.
I was so happy to finally be able to reciprocate and have them over (since they had us over last Spring!)
I made a cozy fall meal of Caramel Apple Pork Chops, Roasted Fall Veggies and Cornbread, Sausage and Apple Stuffing.
I left the wine to Tracey and Heath because they are the experts.  They did not disappoint.  They brought a few of their favorites- we share the same love of big red cabs and zins from California.  



They are actually heading to wine country this week- so jealous!  The kiddos had an absolute BLAST...even Eva got in on the action.  I only remembered to snap some pics of the apps- I did my pumpkin cheese ball alongside a cheese board.

and I somehow remembered to snap a pic of the kids gourmet treats ;)

 Sunday
We headed to mass and it was so good to be back after missing a few weeks.
After mass, we picked up the Christmas trees for our front planters- Rob will be planting those and as soon as he does, I will be right there stringing up the Christmas lights :)

During the afternoon, my friend Greer, the amazing chef, held a cooking class in her home.  She taught us how to make 4 different holiday appetizers.  It was so fun, such a great learning experience and inspirational.  





That night, it was time for Mama to get a hair and makeup lesson at NEDE for Diana's Nutcracker performance!
Her headpiece is adorable!

Monday Monday
Back to work!   It was a beautiful day so Rob and I enjoyed a lunchtime walk outside.

At night, Cindy hosted a SPB Game Night.
It was a BLAST!  We played "Things."  It was so fun I ordered it so I can play it with my family over the holidays!
Lea and Karen were the big winners so they took home the Giant Prosecco glass- we laughed so hard!

  
 Cindy had the cutest little golf charms for our prosecco glasses- without knowing, she gave me the golf cart and we had a chuckle- Lea and I are batty when we drive ours around the courses ;)

The coveted prize

and that's Life Lately! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...