-->

Monday, November 7, 2016

Let's Talk...Food!




It's that time of the month!  I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for Let's Talk and this month it is all about food.  Linking up HERE 

With Thanksgiving a few weeks away, I thought I would share a few appetizer tips with you.  If you are deciding what to make or need just one more thing on the table, I have it figured out for you!

First......

Baked Onion Dip

This is a great appetizer for anytime but there is something about the warm caramelized onions that screams fall to me!  Whether you are having a few cocktails with friends before heading out or need just one more Thanksgiving appetizer, then you must try this one out!  It will not disappoint- it is so simple and so delectable!

Baked Onion  Dip

Ingredients:
Instructions:
  1. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add finely chopped onions and cook 5 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
  2. Mix mayonnaise, both cheeses, parsley, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in onions and spoon into a baking dish.
  3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 or 25 minutes or until heated through. (I have used my toaster oven with a flat bowl that fits.) Serve on triscuits, club or ritz crackers. I like the new triscuit thin crisps best.
  4. Enjoy!

Second......
Pumpkin Cheese Display
Do you have a few pumpkins laying around?
You don't have to just toss them in the trash.  Get some more use out of them and use them as a beautiful appetizer display.

Pumpkin Cheese Display

Ingredients:
1 pumpkin
Several wooden kitchen skewers or tooth picks
Variety of Olives, Cheeses, Deli Meets or whatever else you would like to enjoy!

Instructions:
Skewer your olives, cheeses, meets and whatever else you choose and stick them all around your pumpkin.
Guests can just pull a skewer or toothpick out of the pumpkin and enjoy a little snack.
It is a perfect appetizer and it is beautiful!
I think it makes the perfect centerpiece for an appetizer table or at the bar when guests are grabbing a cocktail!



Third.....

Thanksgiving Dips
If you missed my post, check it out HERE
I share three dips with you that have become my favorite Thanksgiving appetizers

There ya have it- hopefully this makes your Thanksgiving meal planning a little easier!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...