-->

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday! (October 2015)


It's the last Wednesday of the Month!  That means it is time for What's Up Wednesday!  Linking up with my favorite blogger Mel HERE
 
 What We Are Eating This Week
Salads, smoothies, Grilled Meats...and oh yeah!  Monday  night took lots of effort when my hubby and I put together this Autumn Lasagna (he pureed the roasted squash for me!)  One word?  DELISH!
Get the recipe HERE (I substituted ground chicken for the ground turkey and also just used minced garlic instead of roasting a whole head of it.  I love shortcuts....I'm crazy like that!)

What I'm Reminiscing About
 Our 3rd place win at the Derry Harvest Cheer Comp this past weekend- still teary-eyed...so proud of our girls...they were amazing!

 What I'm Loving!

The way Eva anticipates the flash of the camera and starts squinting...it is hysterical!!

Halloween Stuff!
The costumes...

and all of the creepy recipes...on Pinterest of course!



and all of the decorations.....picture  below found on Google BUT my friend Lea did her house up PERFECTLY for her Halloween party last weekend...it inspired me...the lights were purple and orange and everything was dark and spooky and just perfect!

 What We've Been Up To.....
Fall, nowadays, is CRAZY busy for us.
If you have been following my blog for awhile, you may be asking, "aren't you ALWAYS crazy busy?"  Well yes...I guess...busy makes me happy but Fall adds a whole new dimension to our routine between cheering at football games and cheer comps and dance and family meals....on top of work, school....well you get it right?

Friday night was the 3rd Annual Halloween Bash Turf Fundraiser
As you saw in my post below it was EPIC...we had a ball with our "Superhero" Friends



and before and after the bash meant more hair time with Claribel....my fair magician AND my life saver!

Saturday Morning was the Derry Harvest Comp and our girls placed 3rd!  SO PROUD (especially of MY girl) :)







Saturday afternoon was the Rekart's Annual Oktoberfest...so much fun!

 I met Beth Ann a year ago at this same event- so fun!


Hostess with the Mostest!
 and Diana was inspired by our friends' costumes on Friday night so she and I put together this little get up for her...."Girl Joker"....precious!  Check out Pidge in the background-hysterical!

and because we hadn't partied hard enough this weekend....we had to go to my friend Lea's Halloween Party...so excited to be invited and they really did it up...it was amazing!!!!





Yesterday?  After mass.....we CRASHED...yahoo!

What I'm Dreading?
Well Dreading AND looking forward to (if that is even possible)
The end of cheer season
I will miss  the girls...I will miss the activity and exercise....but I am looking forward to more time at home...with my hubby...with my girls...especially with Eva :)
Pure Joy
What I'm Working On
My shoulder...between PT and exercises at home...trying to gain back my range of motion, strength and lessen the pain....stay tuned

What I'm Excited About....
This time of year....coming into Thanksgiving.....
Preparing for the best meal all year...quality family time...oh and you can't forget the Turkey Trot with the kiddos first thing that morning....so so fun! 



and my favorite Thanksgiving tradition, every year is doing the Turkey Trot with the kiddos...we have been doing it since Diana was born (we missed one year when we spent Thanksgiving at a beach house- amazing but still missed our trot) 

2008 Trot

2009 Trot
2010-No Trot- The Year We Packed Up and Went to The Beach- rough time job wise but we made the most of it

2011 Trot

2012  Trot

2013- only the guys "Trotted"- Mama was pregnant and too tired and the girls stayed home and helped me with Diana while I cooked

2014 Trot- Eva's first Trot AND most of the town was without power (shocker)...we had a FREAK snow storm the night before...Exhibit A

Can't Wait for this Year's Trot!


What I'm Watching/Reading

Well....since we completed How I Met Your Mother....we needed a new series.
After mourning the characters for a bit, we settled on Friday Night Lights...and guess what?
We are now OBSESSED with this show...We are in Season 3 right now....SO GOOD!

 and my new favorite sit com?  Life...in Pieces
HYSTERICAL!  Have you seen it?

and The Affair is Back...Season 2 is amazing...love the way they are developing some of the other characters...

Reading has kinda fallen by the wayside...will blame it on cheer season...can't wait to get back to the books I started...Beautiful Day is the one I will finish first...can't wait to get back to reading regularly

What I'm Listening To?
Our routine music...which includes cuts from various Top 40 songs right now
Cheerleader of course!

and our pyramid song...You Got Me In Chains for your Love

 What I'm Wearing?
Jeans...ONE SIZE SMALLER...for the win!
Skinny, straight and boot cut- one of each please!
Lace tops...love
Kendra Scott necklaces
and my new booties compliments of Chez Marshalls!




What I'm Doing This Weekend?
It's Halloween Weekend..the Big Kahuna!!  So excited :)
Friday night is my BFF and my annual risotto night...I make my autumn risotto and we enjoy dinner and wine together
Then...Saturday is the big day!  We have a comp in the morning and then we are heading straight home and rest up for the festivities
Halloween is always a big deal in our neighborhood...we are going to our neighbor's for snacks and drinks and then loads of  Trick-or-Treating!

Sunday will be mass and resting up!



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month
Family Walkathon to benefit Windham Helping Hands
The organization constantly is raising funds for and feeding the poor and we are so happy we can participate this year!
 What Else Is New?
I LOVE what I do....enuf said
I am SO SO grateful that my husband and I have stable jobs WITH flexibility to raise the fam...I can never say it enough...I am forever grateful

BONUS QUESTION OF THE MONTH
What's Your Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe?

My Mom's Mashed Potato Bread Stuffing...a twist on traditional bread stuffing..
Recipe to Follow in November!


2 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Stopping by from the link up! Yay for jeans one size smaller! And I have that same necklace in rose quartz. I heard cheer can be a lot of time Your life seems so busy just like mine!!!
<3 Sarita it's my girls' world

Darcy said...

3rd place is awesome!! Congratulations!!!
www.amemoryofus.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...