-->

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



 Are you with me?  Is there anything better than Pumpkin....AND...Chocolate in the Fall?


I get together with one of my girlfriends/neighbors every other week for a Friday morning coffee date...this week, we are getting together at her house and I wanted to make something homemade...and "Fallish"...so I got inspired...by Pinterest of course.  Now, I have tried several different pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipes.  All have been fine but none stood out in my mind.  I decided to improvise.  I combined various recipes and chose the things that worked for me and I gotta tell 'ya...I think I hit a home run.  We will see what my gal pal says on Friday AND I am bringing another batch to a friend's house Saturday night.  So far, Robby B is a BIG FAN!  Hope you try and enjoy XOXO Holly


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 3/4 cups FLOUR
  • 1/2 cup WHITE SUGAR
  • 1/2 cup BROWN SUGAR, packed
  • 1 teaspoon GROUND CINNAMON
  • 1/2 teaspoon GROUND GINGER
  • 1/2 teaspoon GROUND NUTMEG
  • Pinch of GROUND CLOVES (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
  • 1/4 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
  • 1/2 teaspoon SALT
  • 2 EGGS
  • 2 teaspoons VANILLA
  • 1/2 cup BUTTER, MELTED
  • 1 cup CANNED PUMPKIN PUREE
  • 1/2 cup MINI SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin pans.
  2. In a medium bowl, sift first 10 ingredients - doing this helps make sure there aren't any big chunks of spices.
  3. In another bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and melted butter until well blended; mix in pumpkin puree until combined.
  4. Mix in the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. I use my small cookie scoop for this - it's about 1 Tablespoon of batter.
  6. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until muffins test done.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...