Are you with me? Is there anything better than Pumpkin....AND...Chocolate in the Fall?
I get together with one of my girlfriends/neighbors every other week for a Friday morning coffee date...this week, we are getting together at her house and I wanted to make something homemade...and "Fallish"...so I got inspired...by Pinterest of course. Now, I have tried several different pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipes. All have been fine but none stood out in my mind. I decided to improvise. I combined various recipes and chose the things that worked for me and I gotta tell 'ya...I think I hit a home run. We will see what my gal pal says on Friday AND I am bringing another batch to a friend's house Saturday night. So far, Robby B is a BIG FAN! Hope you try and enjoy XOXO Holly
- 1 3/4 cups FLOUR
- 1/2 cup WHITE SUGAR
- 1/2 cup BROWN SUGAR, packed
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/2 teaspoon GROUND GINGER
- 1/2 teaspoon GROUND NUTMEG
- Pinch of GROUND CLOVES (optional)
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1/4 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 2 EGGS
- 2 teaspoons VANILLA
- 1/2 cup BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 cup CANNED PUMPKIN PUREE
- 1/2 cup MINI SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift first 10 ingredients - doing this helps make sure there aren't any big chunks of spices.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and melted butter until well blended; mix in pumpkin puree until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. I use my small cookie scoop for this - it's about 1 Tablespoon of batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until muffins test done.