-->

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shandra's Home!






So my Windham friend Shandra, who I met through PTA, just wrapped up her amazing two year adventure in Singapore. Shandra and her husband Brian just moved their family back to Windham and they had such an amazing time.

Shandra has shared several stories with me and what impressed me most are the traditions and different cultures her family was exposed to. Her children seem to be so much more open minded now and focused on the more important things in life and not Hollister or the Iphone....Shandra I know you will appreciate this one.

If we had an opportunity to do this, I would jump at it. Who knows...maybe Rob will someday with Oracle! You have been such an inspiration and I can't wait to hear even more stories. I have to be selfish and tell you that I am so glad you are back and hope we get to spend even more time together now!

Hey Everyone! Shandra's sister is a professional Event Planner and she was on hand at Shandra's "Welcome Home to Windham" Party. I got the chance to meet her and chat and she is just as wonderful as Shandra. She was regalling Cass and me with tales of her party planning experiences with Katherine Heigl, Brittaney Spears and Pierce Brosnan.

The theme for this party was "Singapore" of course and Shandra, Robyn (her sister) and family shared with us some of the foods they learned to enjoy while over there. They also were so kind and made the "Singapore Sling" the cocktail of the evening....I loved it and knew I would..Shandra had named her blog "The Sibley Sling" so I felt like I have already become "one with this cocktail" ;)

I am sharing the recipe with everyone below...Shandra so glad you are back!!!

1oz - Gin
1/2oz - Cherry Brandy
4oz - Pineapple Juice
1/2oz - Limejuice
Dash Cointreau
Dash Dom Benedictine
Dash Grenadine
A Dash of Angostura Bitters
Garnish with a slice of Pineapple and Cherry

Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and add the gin, cherry brandy, limejuice, Cointreau, Grenadine pineapple juice and bitters. Shake well and strain into a highball glass. Garnish with a slice of Pineapple and Cherry.

1 comments:

Shandra said...

Holly, I am JUST now getting the chance to sit down and catch up on your blog and saw this post. Ok first, you made me cry, you sweet girl!! You said such nice things and I am so happy you loved hearing all my tales from abroad. :) Thank you again for coming and I am sooo looking forward to getting together with you (once my kids are back in school and I can finish settling in). It was great to see everyone and to have my sis there, made it even better. :) XXOO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...