-->

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What's Up Wednesday- January 2021!


 

 

Hi friends!  Yeah!  it is the first WUW of 2021 and my favorite linkup so let's get started and answer the questions below....

 

Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE


 

 

What We're Eating This Week

 

Monday- Baked Salmon and Air Fryer Mushrooms for M&D and Fish Sticks and Sweet Potato Fries for the Kids

 

Tuesday- Chicken Burgers, Sweet Potato Tots and Steamed Broccoli

 

Wednesday- Egg Roll in a Bowl for M&D, Trader Joe's Chicken Fried Rice for the Kids

 


Thursday- Copycat PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Brown Rice

 


Friday- Sushi Takeout from Kumo

Saturday- Out

Sunday- Dinner at The Batson's

 

 

 What I'm Reminiscing About

 

 Past diets...bootcamps....detox's and thinking how different it is this time around....

 


 

What I'm Loving


How much I am exercising..it is the most and the hardest I have ever worked out and I am feeling great...some days I struggle through a workout but overall I am feeling stronger and more fit every day!

 

 

What We've Been Up To

 

We celebrated Christmas with our Families and New Year's with our Besties/Bubble

 



 

We have been loving on our new family member....Remi, our new Frenchie, has been the center of attention since we adopted him!



 

Diana won first place in the NH PTA Contest in Windham- in the category of Dance Choreography- she now competes at the state level


 

 We have enjoyed cozy weekends this month...lots of movies together...family karaoke and takeout at home!

 


 We did have a girls' night out at Copper Door to celebrate Ally's bday...

 


 Date Walks have continued!  I have invested in some warmer gloves and a face mask to battle the New England cold!

 


 We decorated for Valentine's Day...for the first time...ha!

 


 We watched the inauguration!

 


 Diana has been working hard for the YAGP Dance Competition...she is even going to do her routine en pointe- we are very excited!




and Pidge has been tearing up the ice!

 


 

 

 What I'm Dreading


Nothing!  #FollowTheJoy



 What I'm Working On


My Full Time Job- going to be a great year!

Keeping my family happy, healthy and on track and

My overall health- down 11 pounds in a month and 2% body fat- can I get a what what?  HA!

 

What I'm Excited About

 

It is election season in town...I just love it...always gets me through the winter and one of my best friends is running for re-election on the school board that gets me all pumped up too...she is amazing!

 


I am also excited for Diana and all of the dance exams she has coming up...she is working so hard and I want to her to see the results she is working so hard for.

 

 What I'm Watching/Reading


Two Binges Right now...Smash for the like the 6th time...ha!  #cantgetenough



and Rob and I are binging The Crown...we are up to Season 3...truth be told I really miss the actors from Season 1 and 2...it is weird trying to get used to new actors...




 and my two books for January....


Tools Of Engagement by Tessa Bailey



In Tessa Bailey’s latest rom-com, two enemies team up to flip a house... and the sparks between them might burn the place down or ignite a passion that neither can ignore! 

Hair, makeup, clothing, decor... everything in Bethany Castle's world is organized, planned, and styled to perfection. Which is why the homes she designs for her family's real estate business are the most coveted in town. The only thing not perfect? Her track record with men. She's on a dating hiatus and after helping her friends achieve their dreams, Bethany finally has time to focus on her own: flip a house, from framework to furnishings, all by herself. Except her older brother runs the company and refuses to take her seriously.

When a television producer gets wind of the Castle sibling rivalry, they’re invited on Flip Off, a competition to see who can do the best renovation. Bethany wants bragging rights, but she needs a crew and the only member of her brother's construction team willing to jump ship is Wes Daniels, the new guy in town. His Texas drawl and handsome face got under Bethany's skin on day one, and the last thing she needs is some cocky young cowboy in her way.

As the race to renovate heats up, Wes and Bethany are forced into close quarters, trading barbs and biting banter as they remodel the ugliest house on the block. It's a labor of love, hate, and everything in between, and soon sparks are flying. But Bethany's perfectly structured life is one kiss away from going up in smoke and she knows falling for a guy like Wes would be a flipping disaster.

 

 Friends?  I thought I would fly through this one- light- passionate- romance- right?  It dragged.....sorry I can't recommend


and I am working my way through The Other Mrs. now and it has me on the edge of my seat- nice change of pace!

 

The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica


 

Sadie and Will Foust have only just moved their family from bustling Chicago to small-town Maine when their neighbor Morgan Baines is found dead in her home. The murder rocks their tiny coastal island, but no one is more shaken than Sadie.

But it’s not just Morgan’s death that has Sadie on edge. And as the eyes of suspicion turn toward the new family in town, Sadie is drawn deeper into the mystery of what really happened that dark and deadly night. But Sadie must be careful, for the more she discovers about Mrs. Baines, the more she begins to realize just how much she has to lose if the truth ever comes to light.

 

What I'm Listening To

 

Diana has been "DJ'ing" to and from dance and is on an Ariana Grande kick...so lots of Ariana right now and I do like her music..when at the gym, I love how some of the young instructors play 90's music...my fave and they probably consider them oldies...ha!!


 

What I'm Wearing


Very consistent this month- business casual attire 1-2 times per week during my work day and workout clothes the other hours of the entire week!  Pretty boring right now but I will take it!  One month closer to spring!


I did dress up on Saturday for the theater with Diana..snapped a self...can't see much but you get the idea...



 

What I'm Doing This Weekend


Carting kids to and from Field Hockey, Dance, The Gym and Hockey....going out with the fam for dinner and going to the Batson's to celebrate Mike's bday on Sunday....low key...cozy and things that make me happy!


What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


The School District Deliberative Session...it is democracy at its finest...a few of my friends and I always go to listen and sometimes participate and help to decide what warrant articles will be on the ballot this March!  So fascinating...may sound boring but we always have a blast!  We grab dinner before and then head to the high school and get right in on all of the action!


What Else Is New?


I think I covered it!  What's new with you?

9 comments:

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

Yay Diana!! Oh my goodness, I love Remi!! He is so so cute!!!! Thanks for sharing, I so enjoyed reading this post!

Ella Williams said...

How fun!! Remi is precious!! Congrats to Diana!!

Melissa said...

Holly, how did I not know you're practically from my old stomping grounds?! I lived in Salem, NH for 4 years haha Yay for Diana doing so well with all her dance endeavors, and GREAT JOB with your health journey! I so desperately need to jump back in mine. I officially resign my full-time job Friday, and I'm ready to dig in!

Good Better Best Food said...

I am so proud of you on your wellness journey. What did you get for warmer gloves? My hands are so cold all the time. See you tomorrow for Monthly Musings.

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Great job on your weight loss and getting your workouts in! I really have got to get back on track workout wise... I am just so unmotivated lately. Your menus for the week sound fantastic.

My Glittery Heart said...

I love the lettuce wraps from PF Changs! I so wish I could copycat them but mine just don't taste as good! HA

Natasha said...

Way to go on your health journey. You're motivating me to work out tonight (even though I REALLY don't want to) and to find our very few Valentines' decorations!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

Congratulations on working out! I know it can be so hard to get it done somedays. Yay for Diana! I reading all about her dance. :) I danced for 12 years, and now my girls dance too. :)

Sunshine and Books said...

I love that you get to go see democracy in action!! Way to put in the hard work on your wellness journey! Date walks, even freezing ones, are so great!! Your yoga studio looks so cozy with that fire. Congratulations to Diana for her dance awards! Remi looks like he is loving life with your family. Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...