-->

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Life Lately....August 2020

 

 

 It has been a busier month for our fam than in recent months...but filled with quality time with our people...no, life is not back to normal, but we are focusing on finding the joy in every day and spending time with those we love most....


Meeting my Mom for dinner and coffee and loving the extra time spent together...


I loved taking a Friday afternoon off and having some fun with girlfriends in Boston...haven't been to Boston in almost a year...such a sin...had a pain in my heart because summertime is my favorite time to visit our big city...regardless, a couple of my friends made some fun purchases at Louis Vuitton and we all enjoyed some cocktails and apps at The Saltie Girl on the corner of Newbury and Dartmouth






We enjoyed dinner at the Batson's...loving my extra time with my Lea...always reminds me how blessed we are to have found each other (and these two are always making fun of us...especially when we are off on a road trip...sigh...ha!)


Laurel and Tom invited us up for some more weekend fun at the lake and the kids had a ball...always such a fun time and you can't beat time on the boat in the sun and water




















I have been enjoying talking to my Dance Mom pals and getting together so we can vent and laugh and hold each other up..whether it is evening cocktails or a weekend brunch...this time is good for the soul! 

 


We also enjoyed a fun dinner at Jeanine's...she literally rolled out the red carpet for us...we said our goodbyes to Morgan who is heading off to college and Eva was beside herself when Jeanine let her help her with dessert...precious

 

Eva was so excited to help Ms. Jeanine :)







Going into my office...always makes me feel better...my boss has a way of inspiring me and calming me down when I am stressing


Pidge was back on the ice!  It made us all feel like life was normal...for an hour anyway...she was so excited that she even scored a goal and wouldn't stop banging her stick...we were dying laughing!




The girls got to sleep over at the Fourniers last week and they were so excited...it was actually Eva's first real sleepover...she became a big fan of their new puppy too...so cute!


While the girls were there, Daddy had another important school board meeting so Lea invited a couple of the ladies over to enjoy a glass of wine by the pool...it was a great time to unwind..Laurel and I started discussing makeup and I learned that my favorite moisturizer of all time may be discontinued...I headed right on line to snag one more jar...I hate when that happens!  Don't you?  You find something you love and then it goes away- boo! #firstworldproblems




Diana has been enjoying her exam ballet classes two nights a week but her favorites are her Friday morning private lessons with Mrs. Mullen- she can't get enough!



Last week was our last week of surprise lunches and we named this lunch "A Day at the Beach"- hope you can see why....Starfish and Fish Shaped Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Pizza Flavored Goldfish, Orange and Cheese Boats, Starfish Cucumbers and then some sweet treats for dessert...the girls were pleased and thoroughly enjoyed these lunches all summer...warmed my heart :)


Rob and I celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary- I woke up to some lovely surprises at my desk :)  

 

 

I left him a little surprise on the kitchen counter too ;)




We did dinner out on Saturday night though because the night of our anniversary, we celebrated my friend Jess's 40th with a few of her closest friends.  She was shocked and it was a lovely time.













Saturday night, for our anniversary, we tried a new restaurant in town, Zachary's Chophouse and we loved it!  Great steakhouse,  5 minutes from home.  Can't beat it!








Sunday was a cloudy day so after mass, we decided to get the girls' closets organized for the year...there was lots of trying on of clothes...moaning...ugh...and plenty of donations to be bagged up.  We are organized and ready and I am so happy that big chore is out of the way!


Eva will be going back to school 5 days/week and Diana will be following a hybrid model- she will be in three days certain weeks and two days the other weeks with remote learning on the off days-we shall see.  We all hope this is only for the first half of the year and we can go back to normal sooner than later- fingers crossed!


This week, Eva is going to soccer camp and she is so excited to be back in action and around kids again- yeah!



and a current joke...pointed out by many on Facebook and shared by the band's #1 fan Mike, Rob's band won Best Band of Windham and it was announced in the Windham Magazine...we are chuckling :)


Lastly, it was Diana's turn for her physical and I just LOVE the girls' doctor...we talked about the kids being in school and I was so glad to hear her thoughts and that my thoughts matched up with hers (a doctor- praise God) and at the same time, sad to hear that Diana is going through puberty...I know it is life but it still makes me mourn her childhood :/



That's a little look at Life Lately...from our neck of the woods.....

6 comments:

My Glittery Heart said...

Lots of fun!! Love all the lake pictures!!

Joanne said...

So much fun had by all!! Your mom is adorable.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

It looks like you have had a lot of fun this summer!! I can't believe this season is winding down and the kids will be back to school so soon!

Good Better Best Food said...

Nice goal Pidge! It's amazing how their time back on the ice does them so much Good. We are in a hybrid model too for school and I am Good w it. Looks like things in NH are more "normal" than around here.

Stay well,
Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

Oh so much to comment on -- I can't wait to get back to Boston. It's been on our list of "place to go" for a few years now. All the food looks so good (seafood, doughnuts, etc). Yay for some normalcy with hockey and soccer. Our kids are going back to school full-time too and I'm excited for them. And I HATE it when products I love get discontinued. Or stores I love close. I have to stock up for awhile when that happens because I hate change and hate finding new products/stores. And yes, I know it's a first world problem :)

Natasha said...

Oh so much to comment on -- I can't wait to get back to Boston. It's been on our list of "place to go" for a few years now. All the food looks so good (seafood, doughnuts, etc). Yay for some normalcy with hockey and soccer. Our kids are going back to school full-time too and I'm excited for them. And I HATE it when products I love get discontinued. Or stores I love close. I have to stock up for awhile when that happens because I hate change and hate finding new products/stores. And yes, I know it's a first world problem :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...