-->

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

What's Up Wednesday: January 2020





It's time for our first "What Up Wednesday" Linkup for 2020!  Yeah!  This is my favorite linkup of all.  So much fun thanks to Sheaffer and Shay.

Linking up with them HERE
and sharing "What's Up with Us?"


What We're Eating This Week 

Monday- Chicken, Broccoli, Ziti
Find my recipe HERE 


Tuesday- Chicken Tacos with Celery and Carrots

Wednesday- Daddy is traveling so Mimi is bringing up her Parisian Chicken and Veggies- yum!

Thursday- Mac and Cheese for the kids- Mama is having a Whole 30 Meal with Friends

Friday- Out- Copper Door with the Fourniers (which will probably mean the Green Goddess Salad for Mama (my favorite!) and the steak tips for the girls- they love them :)




What I'm Reminiscing About


Well since Rob decided to throw his hat in the ring one more time and run for re-election for a seat on our school board, I am reminiscing about the past campaigns- yes they are work but what we discovered was how wonderful so many people are- strangers coming up to us everywhere and learning more about the people in our community is the best gift from it all






What I'm Loving




Built Bars


Have you tried them?  Oh my word are they good and help keep your diet on track- only 110 calories- perfect snack or meal on the go!  My favorite flavor is Chocolate Caramel




What We've Been Up To


We celebrated the holidays with our family and friends


Pidge loved Disney on Ice with Kayla and Daddy




We have all spent some QT with our Dance Pals










Christmas Break was full of fun

1st play date for these besties


and Daddy and the Papas built Pidge a hockey rink in our yard!



New Year's Eva was spent with some of our besties



and the Fab Four enjoyed our NYD lunch at Copper Door- Annual Tradition


There has been lots of hockey for Pidge!




and lots of dance for both girls!




The girls have loved having some sleepover adventures with Mimi and Papa




and Mama and Daddy have enjoyed a few nights out with friends...






There have been a few trips to The Nutrition Corner





Papa had a health scare but we are so grateful that he is on the mend!



Diana and Lucy took first place in Windham again for the National PTA Reflections Program- they won for the category of DANCE and now move onto the Regional Competition



We enjoyed watching Diana sing in her Winter Concert Coffee House with Mr. Dev- she did Somewhere Over The Rainbow (but I am not allowed to post the video as she was unhappy with her performance) ;)



and Mama has been busy meeting goals and setting things up for a kickin' 2020- including networking with the best!



What I'm Dreading




What I'm Working On




Health Goals
Work Goals
Financial Goals



All a Work In Progress!




What I'm Excited About

A few days in the Bahamas at the end of February-excited to share some time with our kiddos and our parents-will be a very special quick getaway 




What I'm Watching/Reading



Still Binge-Watching Dance Moms- picked it up again right after the holidays





and our usual faves


A Million Little Things




This Is Us



American Housewife


Greys Anatomy



and our favorite Friday night mysteries- either Dateline NBC or 20/20



I have also watched a few new things that I would love to share

We binge-watched The Morning Show on Apple TV and it was incredible- can't wait or the next season- very impressed with Jennifer Anniston's acting- she is excellent!



LOVED the movie Brittany Runs a Marathon on Amazon TV (have watched it 3 times- based on a true story!)




and really enjoyed the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix- just haunting and so sad




My January Books were



It Ends With Us By Colleen Hoover

Wow- this one had lots of twists and turns and really kept me interested throughout- loved how true love prevailed despite all of the obstacles

and

The One That Got Away By Bethany Chase


This one was good but I kept thinking "I wish I liked architecture"...really if you like architecture and hearing every detail about the way a house is designed and built than this book is for you- yeah there was love and smuttiness but seriously...it dragged at times



What I'm Listening To


I always loved Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons- love most of their music
Well their song Beggin' has been re-done and Diana and her friends did a "Tik Tok" to it during one of their days at the dance studio and I became obsessed with that song all over again.....

Exhibit A


Madcon is the new group that does it I guess...a more edgy..hip hoppy version if you will...can't get enough of that one and the original!  Great song for my girl to dance to and for Mama to run on the treadmill too :)









What I'm Wearing



It has been my least favorite month for fashion- it is either business attire or workout attire depending on the day and lots of layers and black on the weekends- promise to be better at snapping pics next month!  Eeek!





What I'm Doing This Weekend



Daddy is still away on Friday so on Friday night we are going to grab dinner with the Fournier Girls


Saturday- just lots of running around



Sunday- Mass, organization and carting Diana to rehearsals 


What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


Our School Deliberative Session (one of the best nights in our town all year and get to see my hubby in action as the school board discusses the warrant articles that will be on the ballot in March- so fascinating- it is amazing the power the constituents have in NH- we can vote on every article that ends up on the ballot!



and 

Our February getaway of course!


What Else Is New?

I think I covered it all!


What have YOU been up to?


8 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

Girl--you know I love a Good election! If I lived up there I would be holding signs right there with you for Rob.

Can't wait to launch Monthly Musings with you tomorrow.

Hugs,
Patty

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

What a fun month for your crew! Your trip to the Bahamas sounds lovely--I am sure you are counting down. Have a great week.

My Glittery Heart said...

That salad looks so good!
We are entering another election year with our best friends! He is the sheriff. Election year is always so stressful!

Sunshine and Books said...

Blue water and sunshine are always something to look forward to!! Good luck to Rob and all of you in the election season! The School Board is such an important position and it seems like he’s done some great things for your schools!! You had a lot of fun with friends this month - always wonderful! And I agree, January fashion isn’t my favorite either - cold + no parties. Have a great rest of the week!

sbe2020 said...

Can you link your NYE outfit? So cute!

sbe2020 said...

Love your NYE outfit! Can you share what you wore?!

Holly Breton said...

@sbe2020 Sure thing! The Fringe Top/Sweater is from Boston Proper and it is on sale! You can find it here https://www.bostonproper.com/p/shimmer-fringe-sweater/ and the jeans are distressed skinny jeans from American Eagle. You can find them here https://www.ae.com/us/en/p/women/jegging/curvy-super-high-waisted-jegging/the-dream-jean-curvy-super-high-waisted-jegging/4430_2590_417?menu=cat4840004

Rechelle said...

I loved reading It Ends with Us!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...