-->

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Let's Look (My Typical Day Edition)



It's time for another fun linkup with Erika and Shay.  Linking up HERE . Today we are talking about our "typical days."


Well...as always..I will have two kinds of days to share with you.





A Day From Home (working and managing the home type of day)  and A Day in the Office


Here goes nothing!




First...My Favorite Days...My Days From Home



I typically get up between 4:30am and 5am and get dressed and then come on downstairs, make my coffee and sit at my desk.  This is the time I do my daily prayers and read my devotionals, do my blogging and also get a jump on my work day








On Mondays and Wednesdays, I head to the gym typically for a 6am/6:30am class 



On Fridays, I head to mass instead.



Then I work from home.  I am blessed to work for a flexible company who puts family first and as a result, I am present for my girls.  Even when I can't give them all the attention, they know I am here and I can look at a paper or a drawing...give them a snack or lunch and get them on the bus.  They are so used to hearing me work that sometimes during "dramatic play" I hear them pretending to make business calls and "make placements."  It cracks Rob and me up but we are also happy that they see their Mama working and learning that girls can do anything they want to do in this world!

During the school year, Rob and I will take turns getting Diana on the bus.  This year, we will be getting both girls on the bus- ahhh!  Over the summer, we also divide and conquer and take turns bringing them to camp :)



At lunchtime, I typically take a little break to wolf something down and/or do errands around town and such.  Sometimes I will meet a friend for a quick lunch and then I am back at it!



We are also blessed that My Father In Law lives with us and he helps us with rides and getting the girls to and from activities.  We are all a team...we divide and conquer and it really works for us!  So when people ask me "How do you do it?" I always give the men in my life the props...without them, I would be toast!


After work, I will make dinner and most nights we are still able to eat together.  This coming school year may look a little different as Diana's dance classes will mostly be at night so we will have to figure that out.  Also during the school year, I will do our meal planning on Sundays which proves to be so much less stressful.  I know what I need to do on each given night...all I have to do is look at my trusty chalkboard in the kitchen :)




During the summertime, after dinner, we will do something fun like Slip N Slide or S'mores and then there is some downtime binge-watching shows or playing on iPads :)




and.....


My Days in the Office



I get up at the same time...between 4:30 and 5am.  I shower, get ready and head on down for coffee, prayers, blogging and some work :)  Then I leave the house by 6/6:15 to get on the road and try and beat some of the traffic.  I am still on the road for about an hour/hour and a half each way on the days I commute in.  It is grueling but I can't complain because of the flexibility and working from home often. 


On my way in, I flip between Mix 104.1 to listen to "Can You Beat Kennedy" (fun trivia game) and Kiss 108 for Matty In The Morning- I have been listening to him for my entire career- over 20 years!



On my way in and out of my office, I pass this beautiful lake...had to snap a pic for you!




and then it is time to live on the phone and chat and collaborate with my colleagues...so good for the soul!




This is where the magic happens!  I LOVE what I do...so very grateful for that gift!


On the days I am in the office, I take off at 3pm so I can get home by 4:30 to get dinner going and help with rides.  Sometimes, Rob will jump in and make dinner and that helps so much too!


On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am much more tired at night...they are long days in the office and on the road so on these nights I tend to read and binge-watch more...Tuesday nights for the past 5 years have also included watching Daddy on TV while he is at his school board meetings :)


So...that's a little glimpse into some of my typical days....but truly...no two days are alike..there is so much more...

6 comments:

Joanne said...

How fabulous that you can work from home some days! Your office is beautiful by the way...

Sunshine and Books said...

That’s wonderful that you have that kind of flexibility! Those look like two great days!

a little bit of emily said...

Your schedule sounds awesome! What a great company.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

Wow, you get up early!

Rechelle said...

Love that you have a flexible company and can work from home, your girls will always treasure that! And too funny that you hear them making business calls just like you, its crazy the things they pick up on! So true though, no two days are ever the same ;)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Wow you have a well oiled system!! So impressed by all that you accomplish in a day. Getting up early sure helps to have more time in the day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...