-->

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Weekend Recap and Mother's Day 2018!

Let me first start by saying, I had all of the intentions in the world to write this post on Monday morning BUT Rob was traveling and I am swamped at work and had all I could do to survive the first two days of the week...so there's that.


I was kinda proud that I got a post up yesterday..you are impressed right?  Ah I entertain myself...just go with it.


Anyway, I wanted to recap our wonderful and fun weekend!


Thursday Night

Yet again, I know it is not the weekend yet but I needed to share the fun I had with my peeps.  We headed to an open house at a yoga/barre studio in town called C Wickson.  I have taken classes there before and really liked it but once we joined Drive, I hadn't returned.  The owner was so great and reinstated the 9 visits I had left.  She also had several different vendors there and we got to browse around and look at jewelry, handbags, Essential Oils and all kinds of fun!


After the event, we headed to Laurel's for dinner outside on her back patio.  She grilled us the most delicious chicken and I made a strawberry caprese salad to go with it.  Beth Ann made a shrimp and avocado salad and Cass made grilled veggies-everything was so fresh and delicious and it was just wonderful to be able to enjoy dinner outside again- yeah!!!



I needed to take a picture of Laurel's dish towel- LOVE the lobster!






Friday Night


After a full day of work, we tortured ourselves by letting Diana have a sleepover- just kidding- she had four pals over and we grilled for dinner.  We then christened our new fire pit with the girls and enjoyed s'mores and some tunes courtesy of Taylor Swift :)  I have to say the girls were so good and despite going to bed late, they were awesome!






Saturday

After some fun doughnuts for breakfast, the girls were on their way and Diana was off to softball. Eva was so so happy that Charlotte came to "help" pick up Alice :)

While Rob stayed at softball, I went to look at houses with my parents and Lea.  They are looking to move closer to us and I couldn't be happier.  After the showings, we hit up Old School Bar and Grill to show my dad how awesome it was and he concurred!
 
 That night, a few of us celebrated Beth Ann's Bday with a wonderful dinner at The Black Cow in Newburyport and cocktails after at Agave.  Late night, we needed some laughs, and hopped into a Chinese Restaurant in Haverhill on our way home- I haven't laughed that hard in so so long and it felt so good!

Check out the cake we gave her- cute right?  Cass has an awesome cake lady who made it for us :)







Sunday- Mother's Day


What a beautiful day.  Despite getting to bed late, we rallied and headed to 7:30 mass.  Then we came home and enjoyed the almond croissants I had ordered from Williams Sonoma- my favorite!  All the kids came over and we spent some solid qt together and had some laughs!

My favorite gifts are always the cards and the homemade treats that the kiddos make at school!






I was also spoiled with some Lilly fun and a beautiful Alex and Ani Mom bracelet :)
and then Rob and I and the little ones headed to Markey's up at the beach along with Rob's dad and my parents and brother.  All I wanted was to be with my family by the beach and we had a great time!








After lunch, we headed to the North Beach in Hampton (where there is a rocky coast) and the girls had fun throwing rocks.  We then wound down the day with ice cream across the street at The Beach Plum- I LOVED my blueberry pie ice cream- it tasted like SUMMER! :)






Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Rechelle said...

What an excellent Mother's Day weekend!!! Your Strawberry Caprese Salad looks yummy too :)

Good Better Best Food said...

Way to go getting the post up. We are so busy I am behind on posts.

Completely intrigued by the strawberry caprese salad, you need to tell us more about that.

I also have the Lilly beverage tote and use it all summer at the pool.

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com



Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Aww those Mother's day gifts look so sweet!! Sounds like you had a great day. Have a great weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...