-->

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Italian Summer Dinner Party

First Things First....

 


 

 

and now...for our main event...

 


 

 

When I heard that Zach and Zoe were coming home for a visit, we agreed on a night for dinner and I decided to really dial things up.  If you have been following along for awhile then you know cooking for people is a way I show my love so I will often go overboard ;)

 

 

I thought there was no better time for an Italian Summer Dinner Party and I made some dishes that I want to remember and share here so I can refer back to these wonderful recipes.  I hope you will give them a shot as well!

 

But first....our VIPs :)

 




 

After the hugging attacks, we enjoyed some Market Basket Spinach Pie and Stuffed Grape Leaves while I got everyone a drink.  I didn't do anything fancy for drinks but it would be the perfect meal for an Aperol Spritz ;)  We stuck with water, seltzers, sodas and wine.

 

Here is what our Italian Summer Dinner Looked Like

 

Steak Pizzaiola

Find the Recipe HERE

This is a fairly simple recipe and just dials steak up a bit.  The sauce consists of tomatoes, olives, capers and onions and peppers- so colorful and delish.  I served the sauce on the size in case anyone didn't like it but it tastes even better when the steaks are sitting in this deliciousness





 

Caprese Salad

Kept this one pretty straight forward- the only tweak I made was to add some little golden tomatoes as well

You can find my Caprese recipes HERE  in this post

 


 

Next, I whipped up a Mediterranean Orzo.   The recipe calls for Shrimp in this yummy dish but I omitted the shrimp since Zoe doesn't eat fish.  Rob and I agreed the shrimp would be a nice addition or you could serve this with lamb kabobs OR even by itself- it truly could be a meal in itself and it is SO GOOD

Check out the Recipe HERE 

 


 

 and the finishing dish on our Italian Dinner was a Sauteed Zucchini and Corn and it was probably my favorite dish of this collection!

Check out the Recipe HERE

 


 

 and although not very Italian, I also whipped up a couple of desserts (even though I am really not a baker)


I made the Pioneer Woman's "Knock You Naked Brownies" which are essentially Chocolate Caramel Brownies.  Check them out HERE

 


 

 and Reeses Fluffernutter Bars

Find them HERE


 

 So yes...it was a delicious night BUT the highlight was hearing Zach's stories...we had some real good belly laughs and quality time...I cherish these times more than anything :)

 

 

 

3 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

So fun to make a special meal to celebrate a visit by two special people! Everything looks so good- I love a theme and you rocked Italian. Girl, I think you are a baker! I make those Knock You Naked brownies every so often- sooo rich and good. The Reese dessert looks crazy good. I may have to try those. Thanks for the meal inspo (I also like writing about dishes that I make for my own sake... but it helps out others as well- win-win!).

Tanya said...

Everything looks delicious! What a special evening!

Amy Scott said...

wow! Girl! I think I am most excited to try your corn and zucchini dish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...