-->

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie



 

Hi Friends.  When my kids love a meal I make and request it again, I know it is a win...they don't come around often but when they do I want to share them with you!  It helps me to remember, too, to keep these in the rotation!  Without further ado, here is a cozy recipe for you to make that's perfect in the fall and winter- enjoy!

 

 

Ingredients

6 tablespoons butter 
2 cloves garlic, minced
 2 cups chopped yellow onion
 1 cup chopped celery 
1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
 ½ cup flour
 2 cups 2% milk 
1 cup chicken stock 
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Can of Biscuits

Instructions 

Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter and then add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the milk and chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick. Add the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Drop the biscuits onto the top of the chicken mixture 
 
Place pot into the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the biscuits are golden and cooked through. Serve immediately and enjoy!



6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

This looks good! Thanks for sharing. The filling is a lot like my chicken pot pie recipe. Alyssa and I love our PP ensconced in two layers of baked crust. Donnie is not crazy about crust so I have been making extra filling and then taking a big portion of out of the pan before I place the rest of it in my pie pan. I take his portion and place it in a bowl. He eats it like soup and really likes it. So just an FYI that is another way you can enjoy the flavor of the filling.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

YUM! My mouth was watering as I read this. I LOVE chicken pot pie of any sort!

Holly said...

@Maria thank you for sharing that great idea! I think the fam would love that too :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Holly, this looks like such a good winter dish to make. Thanks for the recipe and have a happy Thanksgiving.

Joanne said...

That looks yummy (and would work great with leftover turkey too!)

Tanya said...

Thanks for the recipe. This would be good with leftover turkey too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...