-->

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Memorial Day Weekend Inspiration!

 


If you have been reading for awhile then you know my love for all things summer...it starts on the unofficial kick off to summer and that is Memorial Day Weekend.

 

I am obsessed with all things patriotic and all things red, white and blue so I get decorating early and let those decorations stay up all summer and through Labor Day Weekend.

 

 

I start my summer planting around Memorial Day too and several years I have gone with a red, white and blue theme with my flowers.

 

 

I just remembered that Memorial Day is a little over two weeks away- eek!  So exciting.  Our weekend is still shaping up (we have a softball tournament for Eva and a party to attend on Monday but we want to host something fun too so we will see how that shakes out)...I can't wait for the excitement of it all.

 

Today, I thought I would share a little inspiration with YOU!

 

How about some festive appetizers and main dishes to kick things off?


 A Patriotic Charcuterie Board?  Yes Please!

Red, White and Blue Bites made with triscuits, blue cheese and strawberries (I drizzled truffle honey over these- delish!)

A Yummy and Festive Dip?  Going to give this one a shot this year!  You can find the recipe HERE

Lobster Roll Sliders- always a big hit!  You can find my recipe HERE 

Patriotic Bites include watermelon, feta and blackberries and sometimes I will add a sprig of mint for flavor

and lastly a Red, White and Blue Burger- YUM!

Top your burger with mozzarella, blue cheese and roasted red peppers- sounds so good.  Check out the recipe HERE

 

 and a celebration would not be complete without dessert of course!


A Festive Charcuterie Board makes such a great statement on the table

Patriotic Bites?  Yes please!  The rolo bites are always a big hit!

Red, White and Blue Rice Krispee Treats?  Definitely giving these a shot this year!  Check out the recipe HERE

 

 and finally...next up Centerpieces!  I always have so much fun putting together patriotic arrangements!

Here are a few for inspiration


 

 and here are a few I whipped up over the years- one of my favorite ways to kick off summer :)



 So any plans for Memorial Day Weekend?  How do you kick off summer?  Any special traditions?  I want to hear it all!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






3 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Fun, Holly! I always enjoy seeing pictures of the themed food that you make for events and have tried several of your recipes. They always turn out and look amazing as well. I like your centerpieces, too. Good job, mama! We don't have a lot of traditions to kick the summer off. But I may borrow some of your ideas as inspo this year...

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Holly, I love all of your Memorial Day weekend inspiration ideas. I love the lobster rolls and the floral arrangements. We always go to my brother and sister in laws for a party. I hope you have fun whatever you do for MD weekend.

Joanne said...

Oh so fun! We sort of make each Memorial day weekend a little bit different-- some years we've watched the parade and gotten ice cream, others we've had cookouts, some we go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...