-->

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Favorite Easter Recipes

 

 


 

 

 Resurrection Rolls

 

A MUST every year is making Resurrection Rolls together on Holy Saturday- we talk about the significance and talk about the scripture as we are making these- great activity for the kids and so fun to make and see how "Jesus rises."  We use Shay's recipe HERE


 

 

 

 Bacon Gouda Croissant Casserole

 

We also typically do a big brunch on Easter Sunday.  Another one of Shay's recipes has been a big hit over the years.  You can find it HERE 

 


 

 

My mom will make a Noodle Kugle or an Italian Pastitera as well.  We always have our colored eggs out too in case someone is hankering for a hard boiled egg ;)



Bunny Breads


Every year, since I was little, we also make Bunny Breads.  My mom found the original recipe in The Boston Globe and cut it out :)  You can also find it in my post HERE

 


Then we always do some kind of a beef roast or ham.  This year, we are going back to an old favorite

 

 Beef Roast with Worcestershire Butter Sauce

Find it HERE

 


 and I will make a roasted broccoli to accompany this while my Father In Law makes his amazing scalloped potatoes!

 

 

Birds Nest Cookies

 

Another recipe my Mom cut out from a magazine - it was a Jif Peanut Butter Ad.  You can still find the recipe on their website HERE

 


 

 

 Love sharing our traditions with you.  Hope you give one of these recipes a try!  Very excited for Easter Weekend :)


 

5 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Your traditions of making the same things each year is really neat. I have seen those birds nest and think they look so good and festive. Maybe I'll try them this year!

Natasha said...

It looks like you will have a delicious Easter weekend!!!

Joanne said...

I love those bird nest snacks; those are some of our favorites.

My Glittery Heart said...

Such cute bunny bread!!

Sunshine and Books said...

Delicious! My mom made bunny rolls one year. She made the dough and rolled them similar to a cinnamon roll. Well, when the yeast kicked in, the dough rose and expanded as they baked. We called them big butt bunnies and they will forever be an Easter family joke. Enjoy your brunch and dinner this year! Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...