-->

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Frose!




Oh friends...does this not spell summer or what!  Have you tried Frose yet? That is a fancy name for Frozen Rose and it just describes this cocktail so well!

I was first introduced to it last summer when Rob and I headed into Boston to celebrate our 15 year anniversary.  Legal Seafoods is a seafood chain based here in New England.  My favorite location is called Legal Harboside and it sits in the Seaport District of Boston.  It is my favorite because of the views.  You are surrounded by water.  Exhibit A



The restaurant boasts four levels- each level has their own menu.  My favorite level is the rooftop deck/bar...and we headed right to that level last August.  We sat at the bar and really enjoyed some apps and cocktails....


My favorite pick of the day however was the Frose...first time I tried it and I LOVED it!  It was pretty AND delish...Exhibit B



 It was also the last time I had it...until last weekend that is.  I decided to be brave and make it for some of my besties and it was a hit...so much so that I made it again for our parents and everyone agreed....so refreshing on a hot summer day and definitely a keeper!  I, of course, wanted to share the recipe with you!  So here goes nothing....



Ingredients

1 750ml liter bottle of Rose- chilled
7-8 cups of Ice
1 cup Strawberries OR Raspberries
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2  cup Water 


Instructions

Make a simple syrup.  On the stove, boil your berries, sugar and water.  Once they come to a boil, lower to simmer until sugar disolves.  Cool and set aside.

You are going to make your frose in two batches so your blender doesn't overflow! :)


First put 1/2 of the ice in the blender
Then add 1/2 bottle of the rose
Then add 1/2 cup of the simple syrup
Blend on high until icy/turns a perfect pink color
Pour in chilled wine glasses

Repeat for your 2nd half of the batch

(Two batches made approximately 5 glasses for us)


Enjoy...preferably on a deck...beach....boat...in summer.....



6 comments:

Mary said...

Looks delicious! I’ve never had it, adding it to my list to make.

Rechelle said...

Mmmm looks perfect!!

My Glittery Heart said...

We are headed to the lake tomorrow. I may need to swing by and grab the ingredients for this drink!

Joanne said...

There is nothing like a frozen drink to cool you off on a hot day!

Good Better Best Food said...

Can you believe I have never had froze'? Thank you for the recipe!

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Sunshine and Books said...

Yes!!! I can’t wait to try this!!! It will definitely become a summer staple around here!! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...