-->

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Black Bean Enchiladas (Compliments of Candace Cameron Bure)



So friends, thanks to several recommendations, I recently completed Candace Cameron Bure's book called "Reshaping It All".  I highly recommend it if you are a Christian woman who struggles with weight/food and heck I would recommend it even if you are not.  This book really spoke to me and reminded me of some important things that I need to work harder at.

The book also includes some of her favorite family recipes that are packed with nutrients, are healthy and satisfying.

We have already tried two of the recipes. First, her Turkey Meatloaf (delish) and now her Black Bean Enchiladas.

When I first read the recipe, I thought to myself, wow!  These are really different ingredients and not sure how I feel about them going together BUT thought I would give it a try AND for Rob and me, it was love at first bite!


I thought I would share it here so you could try it too and also decided to show you the book so you can grab it if you haven't read it.

First...the Book....in its glory...





and now...the recipe


What You Will Need

*1 red pepper, diced
*1/2 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
*1 tbs olive oil
*1 15oz can of black beans, drained
*1 20oz can of crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
*1 rotisserie chicken, leave out for meatless alternative
*cilantro (optional)
*1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
*1 large can enchilada sauce, or make your own
*10 whole wheat/multi grain flour tortilla

 How You Will Put Them Together

Sauté diced onion and pepper in olive oil over medium heat or until tender. Add drained black beans and pineapple including juice to the skillet.
Stir and heat. Pull apart white chicken meat and shred. Add chicken to skillet and cook until hot.
In two 9x13 glass or casserole dishes lay one tortilla in the dish and scoop approximately 1/2 filling into tortilla filling the center end to end. Tuck 2 edges of the tortilla over and roll the un-tucked sides completely enclosing the filling. Place seam-side down in dish. Stuff and roll the remaining tortillas the same way until the dish is full.  Pour the enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until bubbly hot.



Enjoy!








2 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

This looks like a great book! I will be making these for lunch!

My Glittery Heart said...

You know how much I love that book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...