-->

Monday, February 10, 2020

Weekend Recap (On The Campaign Trail Edition)



It was a fun-filled Winter Weekend around here...lots of work on the campaign trail and such...here is what it looked like



Friday Night

One of my favorite nights all year- our Annual School Deliberative Session- here in Windham NH, the citizens have the opportunity to vote on the exact warrant articles that will appear on the ballot in March- it is a luxury I do not take for granted.  Citizens can vote to amend the articles too which can be good and bad.   I had one of my favorite crews in tow and we met for dinner and then hit the deliberative-it was a successful and fun night and we got to celebrate a bit afterwards too!



and we all wore our red to support Women's Heart Health!

The school board did too :)






Saturday


It was the first Saturday of campaigning for Rob and it never fails- it always ends up being the coldest day of the year- we held signs outside in 19 degree weather- I am usually a trooper but I only lasted an hour and half- boo- this guy was a champion alongside his lifelong friend Paul!






 Later on, the "dance pals" scammed us moms and talked us into meeting up at the mall...and so we did...and we had a couple of little sidekicks too who were truly living their best lives.....I typically hate the mall but you couldn't help but smile when you saw how much fun these lovies were having




 They truly are soul mates


Saturday Night

I really wanted to stay in and crash but the Dance Moms guilted Rob and I into going out for one drink and so we did...proud to say we were home and in bed at 9pm though FTW!  We went to a brand new local brewery that was having a beach party and it did not disappoint- the live band was amazing and right up my alley playing all 90's tunes- had some laughs and tried some delicious beer before calling it a night...snapped a couple of pics of course

The Studio Manager always intent on something- she kills me








Sunday


We headed to 7:30 mass and grabbed a quick breakfast so we could be at The Village Bean for Rob's Meet and Greet.  We had a ball- it was the best turnout he ever had and it was fun to meet some people from town....our family and some of our besties showed up to support him too which was great....it was a successful event and I am so glad we decided to do this again!


















After that, the girls hounded us to finally skate on our new rink in the yard- it was finally cold enough!  It was so cute to watch Eva trying to help Diana 




She is literally trying to hold her up in this picture- hysterical!






We wrapped up the weekend by watching the Taylor Swift documentary on Netflix- Miss Americana- outstanding!  We love her even more and then we watched some Oscar fashion and called it a weekend!



That's a wrap!  Ready to rock this week.  Linking up with Heather and the crew HERE

 


8 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

Oh how I love a campaign. You know that if I lived near you Team Good Better Best would be out there campaigning with you guys. Can't wait to watch the campaign progress.

Hugs
Patty

Andrea Nine said...

What a fun weekend. I want Rob to win so bad.

Rechelle said...

Fun filled weekend! Loved seeing the girls skate & Eva helping Diana :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Looks like a fun and full weekend! I want to watch that Taylor Swift movie-my daughter would like it too.

Joanne said...

I give you props for lasting as long as you did; for a girl growing up in New England I am a total wuss when it comes to cold weather. Best of luck with the election!

Tanya said...

That school board campaign is keeping y'all busy! I loved the ice skating video on instagram. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Sunshine and Books said...

I think politics, elections, and campaigning are so exciting, but I bet it can be a little stressful too! Your rink looks fun and what great memories of your girls together!! Have a super day!

Terra Heck said...

Best of luck to Rob with the campaign! Seems like he's got a good support group.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...