-->

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Lobster Risotto





This dish goes down as one of my favorite meals of all time.  I thought I would share it with you today to perhaps inspire you for a lovely Valentine Dinner on Friday Night.  We are going with something similar.  Robby B is whipping us up a Lobster Pot Pie but the whole lobster topic reminded me that I needed to still share this recipe with you.

My friend Jeanine is an amazing cook- I would actually call her a chef.  Everything she makes is not only delicious but also beautiful!

The first time she made this for us was when she hosted our wine club and I just wanted to dive into the bowl- ha!


I asked her for the recipe as I decided that is what my dish would be on Christmas Eve for our Feast of the Seven Fishes...it did not disappoint and I was so glad....my extended family actually wiped it out so I was thrilled!


Here is this little recipe...it is not complicated...like any other risotto dish, it is just time consuming...but oh so worth it...enjoy!


Ingredients:

6 cups chicken broth
1 yellow onion, diced
1 diced shallot
1 garlic clove,  minced
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups loose, chopped lobster meat
3 Tbls Butter
1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream (depends on how rich you want it)
1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan
Salt/pepper to taste
Chopped chives for garnish


Instructions:
 
Bring the chicken broth to a low simmer. Take a little of broth (enough so lobster does not dry out) and heat lobster meat w/ it in a saucepan.

Heat oil over medium heat in a lg. saucepan. Stir in onion and shallot until tender. Stir in garlic. Add arborio and stir 1-2 minutes. Add wine, stirring for 1 minute. Stir broth, 1/2 cup at a time, into rice mixture. Stir constantly until absorbed. Repeat with rest of broth, about 30 minutes. Stir in butter, cream and cheese. Add about 1-1/2 cup lobster meat (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish). Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with remaining lobster and sprinkle w/ chives.

I doubled this recipe for Christmas Eve and Jeanine did as well when she was hosting but you don't have to for an intimate Valentine dinner :)



13 comments:

My Glittery Heart said...

That looks so good! I would have wanted to dive into it too!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Yummy!! I am sure your lobster is WAY better on the East Coast then anything we can get here!

Sunshine and Books said...

That looks AMAZING!! I may try that one day this summer. Yum!

Toni said...

Looks delish! I want to make this for Valentine's Day. How must oil should I heat over medium heat in a large saucepan?

Holly said...

@Toni thank you and I hope you make it an enjoy! I would say 1-2 TBLS of oil!

Anonymous said...

How many servings is the original recipe?

Holly said...

I would say 6-10 servings depending on your portion sizes!

Anonymous said...

Made this last night. So delicious! Has anyone made it before and heated it up? Curious how it would taste

Anonymous said...

I don’t understand the first paragraph. You cook the lobster in the chicken broth? When does a lobster go in to the rice?

Holly said...

So I should have clarified and said the lobster should already be cooked. When you toss the lobster meat in the broth it is just to warm it a bit but it should have already been steamed. You can do that yourself or even have them do it for you at the grocery store! Usually 2 1lb. lobsters works for us when we are not doubling this recipe. Hope that helps!

Holly said...

and this dish is even amazing re-heated- yes! :)

Anonymous said...

White or red wine ?

Holly said...

Definitely WHITE wine :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...