-->

Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekend Recap (Quintessential Summer Edition)

Hi friends!  We are coming off one of our favorite weekends because it was the "quintessential summer weekend" in these parts...it was a weekend that reminded me of my childhood and all the things we did to have fun and keep cool!


Here is what it looked like....


Friday Night

We headed over to the Batsons for dinner. They just got back from being away all week and Lea and I needed to catch up!  It's hard when you talk every day and then you can't because of bad cell service...oh the hubbys had a ball with that one- ha ha!!  Mike is the "Master Griller" and treated us to another great dinner and enjoyed sitting out on the deck and having some laughs ...I took a pic of their new deck furniture...just love it!




Saturday

It was great to hang around home in the morning...the girls and I got organized and did some cleaning while Daddy took our cars for oil changes.  Then Diana joined me on my power walk and it was a great workout as always but even better chat!


After our walk, I thought it would be the perfect time to check one more thing off Diana's summer list and I introduced the girls to "See Wee Dolls"...they had a ball.  I taught them how to make a waterfall for them with our garden hose and we all had a ball...even me...brought back so many wonderful summer memories!!







(I snagged the two sets on Ebay- the blue and green set is Merry and Baby Marina with their lily pad and the blue and pink set is Camille with Baby Cascade and Pelly) Did you have Sea Wees growing up?

While we played, Daddy did some weeding in the garden and it is looking good!  

  
I will tell you, however, that my friends who have gardens... Jill and Laurel...are experiencing major growth... their gardens are growing like mad...I think I figured out why ours hasn't been growing as much or as fast and I think it is because the spot in our yard does not get much sunlight.  It is really shady...so over time, we may just have to move it...we shall see!


That evening, the girls headed down for a fun sleepover with Papa Bob and Mama and Daddy headed out with Cass and Steve and our peeps for some fun.
We actually learned how to shoot- I kid you not!  I was nervous but ended up having fun...and felt empowered..like I could defend myself if I ever needed to!  We had to capture this adventure of course!








They treated us to dinner with our best peeps after and we had a great adult night!

Sunday 

Rob and Papa took Eva to mass and breakfast and then kept her busy with a bike ride at the park and softball in the yard....


 
They did this because it was time for Diana and my Annual Mommy Daughter Boogie Board Day.  It was the PERFECT beach day....just warm enough...slight breeze...great waves...we had so much fun....










The most fun we had, though, was having great conversations.  It is the first year that we agreed, we had more fun talking than anything else.  It warmed my heart...I realized my little girls is really growing up :)

So...since it is one of the few days all year that I get my  hair wet...I came home to shower and get ready for Claribel.  She relaxes my hair twice/year and I was due!  She is a saint.  The process takes close to 3 hours with my hair...she just rocks!

(I feel human again!)
 

While we were busy with my hair, the ice cream truck came down the street.  It is funny because Rob and I had just talked about it on Saturday.  We talked about how much we loved the ice cream truck when we were kids and that we wish it would come through our neighborhood.  Well guess what?  It did and the girls went running out...Daddy snapped some cute pics and it was the perfect way to end a wonderful quintessential summer weekend in New England!



Well there may have been some jumping in the sprinkler too.... (excuse our brown grass- the heat wave got the best of it!)


Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  What were you up to?

3 comments:

Rechelle said...

What a perfect little weekend Holly! Love the special day with your Diana and the fun adult night out on Saturday! Cheers to a fab week :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Looks like a perfect weekend! First I love those distressed jeans on you! Your target practice looked fun and I would have been just as nervous as you!!

Logan G said...

You always have such fun weekends! I love it! Also - I'd love to see your hair natural!! It's crazy to think of it as anything but straight since it's always so tame :) The ice cream truck goes down our street a few times a week and i'm constantly like.. am I too old to run out?!?! Ha! Have a good week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...