-->

Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Favorites (Summer Groove Edition)

So...we are in the heart of summer here in these parts....you will see from our activity this week....we are all doing our best to soak up every minute of our favorite season!

Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE


Here are some faves from this wonderful summer week....

Triple Threat Theater Camp
Diana waits for this camp all year...she gets to dance...sing...act...and even swim!  She is definitely in her happy place here




Swim Class!

Eva is taking swim lessons at Gym Ken in town....they have a great swim program and she is loving it!  We want her to build her confidence in the water for pools...the ocean...the lake...and she seems to be taking to it nicely!







Professional Gratitude


I have been a Recruiter for 21 years....since beginning in this industry, I can tell you, that every summer quieted down.  Everyone in New England squeezes vacation time in during July and August because they are truly our only really hot months....so...as a result...business gets sluggish...it is more and more challenging to schedule interviews and the pace slows way down...as you can imagine, if you have been following along for awhile, I hate that.  I LOVE summer...I HATE when business is slow.  It freaks me out and I get more and more antsy...I know...I'm CRAY...anyway...I have to tell you friends that this summer has been the BUSIEST since I started recruiting 21 years ago.  It has not slowed down ONE BIT...am I happy?  Nope...THRILLED!  Ha ha!!  Anyway, I feel fortunate for this year in business...so grateful...Janie always shows her gratitude when I make a placement at an account she brought in...she writes me notes....surprises me with Starbucks gift cards....oh and my favorite is when she brings me beautiful flowers like these stunning sunflowers...she is always a ray of sunshine in my life and she inspires me to show my gratitude more and more


 In addition to this lovely surprise on Tuesday, I also came into the office to a large package just for me.....


One of my candidates, who I had placed recently, sent me the most beautiful basket of goodies...and a lovely note...it really choked me up...gratitude was surrounding me and it motivated me more to shout it and share it and to remember to only live in gratitude...gave me so much inspiration this week :)


Fave Lunch
My recent favorite lunch is what I call "Fake Big Mac Lettuce Wraps"
I take either Iceberg or Boston Bib Lettuce for the wraps and put in grilled chicken, pickle, red onion, tomato and a dollop of salsa ranch...to...die...for!



Quality Time with Ally


My stepdaughter Ally took some vacation time this week and one of her first priorities was to spend some time with our littles.  Since Diana was in theater camp, she spent some time with Pidge.  I was so touched by her desire to do that...squishes my heart!  They went to the town beach (not for long as Pidge had a meltdown...hysterical...but strange too) and had lunch back at home and then hit Build A Bear on Thursday...so precious! 



Shania Twain
So Cass and I started loving Shania Twain about 20 years ago...we went to her concerts when she came to Boston a few times.  On Wednesday night, we went again...it was so amazing...felt at some points that no time had past...we enjoyed our night in Boston so much- lobster rolls....Shania.....dancing...so...much...fun.....







That's it for now...we are up at Tom and Laurel's lake house for the weekend and the kiddos are over the moon about it!

2 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

I was just saying we hit our summer groove too!! Great minds:) How did Build a Bear workout? I heard the lines were crazy!!

Rechelle said...

That Fake Big Mac Wrap sounds SO good, adding that to the menu now ;) LOVE your gratitude!! And SHANIA, yes please! My sister and I saw her twice when we were growing up and we went to see her again just a couple years ago when she was on tour, it was AMAZING just like no time had passed! Happy Friday Holly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...