-->

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Talk: Summer Plans Edition




Hi friends!  I love the Tuesday Talk linkup!  It is the one linkup where we can talk about anything we want, thanks to Ashley and Erika.  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE


In May, I talked, "Memorial Day Weekend Ideas" HERE 

In April, I talked, "25 Random Facts About Me," HERE

In March, I talked, "Girl's Getaway Trip to Fort Lauderdale" HERE 

 In February, I talked, "Let's Talk Spring Edition," HERE

and 

In January, I talked, "Going To The Movies," HERE

Today I decided to talk "Summer Plans" because seriously what is more fun?  I love thinking about our summer...dreaming of beach time and getting excited for our little road trips and my daughter's theater camp...besides, Summer is my favorite time of year so just putting our plans in writing makes me giddy :)  Here goes nothing....






 Triple Threat Theater Camp


My daughter Diana LOVES every minute of this camp.  She gets to sing, dance, act and even swim and play.  During the three weeks there, the kids all prepare for a show and it is just amazing to see what they put together at the end of three weeks- it is Broadway quality- no joke!  Diana is also getting in an extra week of fun this year.  The week leading up to Triple Threat she is partaking in a 1 week "Audition Intensive" camp where she will learn how to prepare for auditions- I am jealous! :)









4th Of July Weekend/Portsmouth


It is no secret that my favorite town in America is Portsmouth, NH.  I love everything about it.  The fact that it is right on the ocean...that is has the quaintest downtown with shops...coffee shops and amazing restaurants...and then at the same time, it is a city...it has something for everyone.  Well, typically, over 4th of July weekend we go away for a few nights with my parents.  This year, we decided, to go back to one of our faves and that is Portsmouth. It is only 45 minutes from home and still feels like a lifetime away.  We can't wait for some fun in the sun and quality family time!  Since 4th of July is smack dab in the middle of the week, we are going the weekend before.  On the 4th (my favorite holiday all year), we will be spending some QT with besties AND ensuring we catch some fireworks 







Laurel and Tom's Lake House


Our friends, Laurel and Tom, are always so generous and have our family up for a weekend each summer.  I never liked the lake until I got to theirs.  It is on Lake Winnipesaukee and it is incredible- waterfront- perfectly decorated and always so much fun.  They always take us out on the boat too and that is my favorite part- cruising in the sun- jumping in the lake (but I don't get my hair wet of course- ha ha!) and the kids have SOOO MUCH FUN!  This year, she has invited us for even more time up and we can't wait- we are looking forward to family time and girls- only time which should be a hoot!







Book Club at The Beach


So our next book club meeting is in the beginning of August and our friend Karin is hosting us at her beach house-we cannot wait!  She picked a nice easy read, "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella.  We are so excited for our special group to get together up at the beach in York Maine- woohoo! 






Concerts


Well this will probably go down as the summer that I attended the most concerts in my life- it just worked out that way and Thank God for a great year at work is all I can say :)  I am excited for the shows but more excited about the quality time with my people.

Cass and I are going to see Shania Twain like we used to do in our 20's :)  She is coming to the Boston Garden


Then Lea, Debbie and I are taking the girls to Taylor Swift in Mansfield..so excited for Diana to have this experience and a BIG THANK YOU to Debbie for orchestrating this and including us- we can't wait!



and the show that has everyone going crazy is Journey- Def Leopard - and Cheap Trick.  There are 8 of us going to this one is at Fenway...most can't wait for Def Leopard but I am squealing over Journey (I will just close my eyes and pretend it is Steve Perry) ;) 



and lastly, Rob always likes to celebrate our anniversary by taking me to a show and Peter Cetera is playing outside at Boardinghouse Park in Lowell.  It is where we saw Toad The Wet Sprocket a few years back for our anniversary- it is such a chill atmosphere and I am probably most excited about this one...to be with my love XO 



Road Trip

This summer, we may be able to join daddy on a work trip and spend a few days having some fun too down in PA- Mama is busy researching Amish Country so we shall see....we may try to sneak in our annual Storyland Trip too but I have a feeling that this summer it may just be too tight and may have to wait until next year again 



The Favorites

In addition to the bigger things, we will take part in our favorites of the season too of course...that means LOTS of beach time, golfing, other camps, consuming as much seafood AND blueberries as possible and time in the yard (this year with Sea Wee Dolls!) and plenty of time on Robby B's new "backyard oasis"


What will you be up to this summer?

6 comments:

Rechelle said...

You've got an amazing summer planned! Love all the concerts you'll be attending, too FUN!!!

Shannon said...

Wow y'all have a jammed packed summer! I would love to go to any of your vacation spots! It's been forever since I've been in the east coast area and would love to go back! Have a great day :)

Tanya said...

This looks like a fabulous summer line up! Thanks for the heads up on the Def Leppard/Journey concert...I would love that. I'm checking to see when they're coming to Texas. I've heard that Journey's new lead singer sounds just like Steve Perry! Have a wonderful summer!
Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Stephanie said...

What an exciting summer! Book Club at the Beach sounds SO fun!

natalie said...

Sounds like a great summer! Peter Cetera is a bucket item list for me...if he ever heads to NC! Fingers crossed!

JEN Garrett said...

I'm jealous of your daughter, too! Theatre camps are super fun, and it looks like she's going to be having a blast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...