-->

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Our Spring Vacation in Maine

So we just got back from a super fun long weekend during our April vaca up on the seacoast of Maine with some friends who are like fam.....and just as we had planned, there was lots of seafood...lots of hiking...relaxing and laughs!!  I would love to share our fun with you.....



Friday Evening


We headed up to the beach house we rented in Wells Maine.  We scored a great home that was cost effective, so close to the ocean with amazing water views and just beautiful!  We all fit so comfortably with room to spare.  The home actually slept 12 and we only had 8- ftw!

Once we got there, we got unpacked and settled in and I snapped some pics.  

(don't even know the drama she is displaying in this pic...just go with it)










and while the unpacking was going on, the Batsons arrived and the littles found the "Monster Chips" (Doritos)



Then I finished my work day up and got settled and then we headed out to dinner to the recommended, "Billy's Chowder House" in Wells.  Check them out HERE.  It did not disappoint.  Though I didn't order the chowder, I tried Rob's and it was the best chowder I have ever tasted in my life.  Awesome broth- not too creamy and chalk full of such tender and flavorful clams.  I enjoyed some steamers and an awesome baked fish dinner- yummo!  We got into vaca mode and started laughing almost immediately! 







Once we got back to the beach house, we decided to go down to the water and explore the rocky coast.






Later, we went back to the house and we hunkered down and watched Jaws 2...so appropriate! 


Saturday

After an awesome homemade breakfast by the men, we headed out early to explore the next town over, York.  We went right for the famous Cliff Walk and enjoyed an amazing hike- awesome exercise- beautiful views and at some times scary.  Due to all of the harsh winter storms this year, there was tons of damage to the trail so we did our best to navigate!

First stop first, though, was the Hartley Mason Reservation- we walked through this beautiful area on our way to The Cliff Walk 














































Then we stopped at the little beach next to The Stage Neck Inn...a beach I have visited which is pure bliss 







Next stop was the Nubble Light House (the most photographed light house in the world) which is on Cape Neddick (the very tip of York, Maine)

We definitely took advantage of the photo ops here!












By this time, everyone was starving so we made a last minute decision to head over to Kennebunkport for lunch and shopping.  The kiddos couldn't wait to hit the stores but everyone agreed we needed some lunch first.  We headed to a place that Rob and I have been with my parents called Allison's.  It is downtown Kennebunkport and they are known for their lobster rolls.  Check them out HERE

I went with the Southwest Lobster Roll which was very different and oh so good- it included avocado, black pepper bacon and a kick from the chipolte mayo- delish!





Everyone loved their food and we enjoyed a few games of "Heads Up" too....Pidge is "playing" a round with Brooks here ;)
 


Then it was time for some shopping.  We hit a few cute gift shops- I spotted this book in one of them- reminds me of My Auntie Mar-she used to read it to me when I was little.  So I posted it on her wall on FB so we could enjoy the memory together :)





and everyone got some treats to enjoy at The CandyMan :)
 

Sam's Candy Legos!



and then per my friend Alison's suggestion, Lea and I made a point to hit The Pink Tangerine- a signature Lilly store that was having 50% off many items- we both scored popovers-yeah!
 




I loved the striped one that Lea got!
 

and then after that success, it was only par for the course to hit the free wine tasting at the cute wine shop next door of course!
 

and Mr. Mike is outside waiting patiently!
 

Then it was time to head back to the house.  This night, we decided to cook in and relax.  The guys did most of the grilling- surf and turf and potatoes and veggies....and....I taught the girls how to make homemade guacamole!!


We crashed early- we had accomplished so much this day!

Sunday

 The hubbies let Lea and I scoot out so we could go to mass and then hit a couple of the outlets.  I always love checking out new churches.  We enjoyed mass at St. Mary's in Wells.



Then we headed to Lululemon and got some great deals!  Lea has a new and awesome body from working so hard at the gym- she is my inspiration. She got some cute things and I got a cute top- my very first piece of Lululemon.  After that, we hit Crocs so she could get some boots for Sam and then we hit American Eagle.  We didn't want to leave the guys with the kiddos for too long so we headed back to the house for lunch AND THEN we headed to the beach!!  

The kids had been dying to run around and I was serious when I said I was going in the ocean- I don't think everyone thought I would do it but I did....the kids (all but Eva) joined me and everyone else looked on like we were nuts...Friends?  It felt SO GOOD...sure it was cold but the ocean in New England is always cold and I really didn't mind it much....I was so excited to be back in my happy place!!!






and who we call "90 Year Old Mr. Mike" ;)

Weeeee.......
 





and I call this one, "The Grumpy Eskimos" (insert laughing with tears emoji)









This Mermaid Loves Her Eskimo :)
 

 Sam's Artwork


Rob's Rebuttal- hysterical!



After our beach shenanigans, we headed back to the beach house to shower up and enjoy a glass of wine and then we headed out to dinner in Ogunquit.

We decided on Jackie's Too and it did not disappoint...more seafood of course...so fresh and delicious!  Check them out HERE

(I had steamers every day in Maine and I am not regretting it!)

Then it was time for our big family pic and only us is all I can say...we were victim to the best/worst photobomber ever....

Exhibit A

 Hysterical right?  

and these are a little better.....



and we got some silly shots after dinner....









Then it was time to head back to the beach house for the long awaited s'mores!  Yeah!!!  More laughs and fun ensued....













The one I call "The S'Mores Ninja"

 We crashed early this night too....we kept saying how much we were accomplishing in a day on vacation...we were wiped every night...a GREAT wiped!

Monday

The final day...it is never fun...all the packing up and cleaning...boo...but we went out with a bang. We hit the famous Congdons Doughnuts in Wells.  Check them out HERE 

We enjoyed a fun breakfast and the kids (and the Dads) all tried the funky donuts- the website lists all of the fun flavors AND they offer a full breakfast menu...I had the most delicious florentine omelet!


  

We had so much fun in our little slice of heaven....this was the house....


 it is even bigger inside and decorated perfectly!


We have wonderful memories that we will have forever....more quality time with friends who have become like family...I truly treasure these times and I am so happy that my kids get to have these experiences...I will do everything I can to make sure we continue making new memories and keeping up with traditions!

1 comments:

Rechelle said...

Oh what a lovely vacation you had!!! That house looked so cute, especially on the inside. So many fun memories to last a lifetime and WOOHOO for getting in that ocean water ;)

I want to go to Maine now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...