-->

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

How We Wednesday: Spring Cleaning/Organizing Edition




It's time again to talk about "How We"..... This month we are talking about How We Spring Clean and/or Organize....linking up with Shay and Erika HERE


So....Here goes nothing.....





Deep Cleaning
I have to admit we do have a cleaning lady...it is a guilty pleasure...a luxury and something I do not take for granted.  Since we both work full time and even though we are remote most of the time....we need the help to keep up. Once a year....usually at the end of Winter...we have her do a deep clean which acts like our "spring cleaning" if you will....so instead of the basic vacuuming, dusting and disinfecting, she will also dust the walls and blinds and any extras that we wish!







 Clearing Out The Clothes


So about twice a year, I go through the girls' clothes and gather them up to either donate to Good Will or pass down to a family member or friend with smaller girls.  We are due for our next one soon and it is always a large project.  I feel great though after it is done and I am able to pay it forward.  Our friends have been so generous with passing things down to our girls and I want to do the same.

(The last time my closet was this clean- the day we moved in 6 years ago!) :)




Prepping the Porch and Deck


As soon as we see a hint of spring, we get our porch and deck ready so we can enjoy dining and socializing outside as much as possible.  Rob vacuums the porch and sweeps the deck and then we get the deck furniture and umbrella back out.  I dust the sills the in the porch and fluff up the cushions of the furniture.  I have also been known to put fresh flowers in both locations to make them more inviting and when I am pleased with the way the space looks, I light a candle there to show my "seal of approval."  Can't wait to have our first dinner outside!  This has been the longest winter ever and we just want OUT!




Opening The Windows!


Enough said :)


How do you spring clean and organize?

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

It is amazing how just opening up the windows feels SO much better! We've got to clean out our closets too and it might be one of my least favorites :\ Happy Cleaning!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Your enclosed patio looks heavenly! I can't wait to start working on our outdoor spaces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...