-->

Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekend Recap (August 21, 2017)

What a Summer Weekend!  It was a whirlwind of fun...nostalgia and our favorite place!


Here goes nothing...


Friday

At lunchtime, Diana and I met my mom at the local outlets to finish Diana's school shopping.  My mom picked her up some things for her birthday and I got a few last minute things.  We did very well and even snuck in a quick trip to Starbucks :)



Friday Night

To check one more thing off Diana's Summer List, Alexis and Alana came for a big sleepover.  It was Alana's first one (and Pidge's- even though we brought her up to her crib). The girls had a ball and I invited Cass to stay for dinner.  I made us a Paleo/Primal Lobster Fra Diavlo with Paleo Sweet Potato Glass Noodles.  It came out great and I will share the recipe with you soon!  I say it is Primal because I sprinkled some shredded parm on top but you can keep it completely paleo by eliminating the cheese all together!  Rob had a gig but was able to wolf down a plate before he went.  Cass and I spent several hours catching up and drinking great wine- it was the perfect night!






Saturday

It was time to get my highlights touched up and get ready for the big wedding!  My cousin Tessie married her love Mark at the Tupper Manor in Beverly.  It sits right on the ocean on the campus of Endicott College- it is just beautiful.  We had SO MUCH fun too!  Rob and I agreed that it was one of the most fun weddings we have ever been to.  He is not big on dancing but he danced with me most of the night!!
Tessie was just stunning!













Tessie's Mom, My Auntie Mar- My Mother's Sister and My Godmother











and trying to get a "nice" family picture of the "Griswold's" is almost impossible...we were laughing SO HARD!





 
The sparklers at the end of the night were a beautiful touch too!



Sunday

After mass, it was time for Diana and I to check one more thing off her summer list.  We made Sunday our Annual "Mommy Daughter Boogie Boarding Day" and hit Hampton Beach up to ride the waves.  We had a ball....it was the perfect beach day....and I was wiped when we headed home.








When we got home, we enjoyed the perfect summer dinner of grilled chicken, corn on the cob and a peach and gorgonzola panzanella salad.  I have been on a panzanella kick and plan on sharing a few of my fave recipes with you soon here!

That's a wrap...as you can see it was a jam-packed and super fun weekend full of lots of QT.  Can't wait to see what you were up to!

2 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

What a gorgeous wedding! LOVED your dress! So glad you had such a fun jam packed weekend!!

A Gal Named Al said...

Boogie boarding bonding time sounds so fun! Y'all looked great at the wedding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...