-->

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Crockpot Chicken Lemon Soup with Spinach and Orzo





I don't know about you, but I LOVE soup in the winter.  I also LOVE my crockpot.  In the fall and winter, I usually use it once/week.  This week, since the fam is all battling colds, I have already used it twice!

On Monday night, we had Shay's Chicken Margarita Soup.  It was Zach's last night home before going "across the pond" to London for a semester aboard.  I got some fresh bread from the bakery and a Boston Cream Pie (per his request).

If you follow me on Pinterest, you can find Shay's recipe pinned on my Soup Board.


Last night (well started it yesterday), I put together a soup that was yummo and just what the doctor ordered.  I am calling it Crockpot Chicken Lemon Soup with Spinach and Orzo
Hubby loved it and so did Pidge (even though she spilled most of it on herself)....Diana is another story....do you have any fussy eaters at home? ;)



Here is what you will need:


 Ingredients:
2 boxes of chicken stock
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
1/2 cup of orzo
 1 roasted chicken (I LOVE to buy the grocery store ones- already done- so easy but you can also use 3-4 chicken breasts cut up in chunks)
1 large package/box of fresh baby spinach
2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I also put a couple of pieces of fresh lemon, with the rind, in for flavor
Shredded Parmesan (Optional; to taste)
Instructions:
Put the first 6 ingredients in the crockpot.  Cut/shread the chicken and add that in.  Stir and put on high for 2-3 hours.  Add the orzo and fresh spinach and cook for 30 minutes more.  Serve with parmesan and Enjoy!  See?  How easy is that?  Gotta love the crockpot! Delicious, warm and healthy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...