245. Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder
246. You never really know what you had until it is gone
247. While I am listing cliches I truly believe in...going for the hat trick here...better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
248. A wise person once said, "no matter how big and famous you get, always go home and eat spaghetti with your mother" AMEN
249. My good deed this week went over as expected- VERY well- thank God- thought I was losing my touch there- ha ha ;)
250. It's amazing how much you can change your life when you open your heart...I am taking action and returning with strength
251. Going to be "trashing the dress" this summer...can't wait for some steamy pix!
252. Better to be friends in the circle of trust than allow someone to be your friend because they are trying to keep their enemy close (yah had to throw in one more I love)
253. Netflix ROCKS....what an invention!!! :)
254. Crash by Dave Matthews Band gives me a good stomachache...then I remember the dance to it...only do it for my husband now
255. Another favorite dance was "Don't Want You Back" by Backstreet Boys...taught my stepdaughters that dance...had a blast
256. While on the subject of dancing, I hope Diana takes to it...but would not be unhappy at all if she becomes a jock like her big sister Ally!!
257. I love the smell of fresh basil....love growing it on our deck and then using it in my caprese salad or pasta sauce
258. While on the deck garden...my great grandfather (mother's grandfather on her mom's side) had the best garden and he was a master cook...he fed his family out of his garden....stories of him our legendary
259. Then my great grandmother (mother's grandmother on her dad's side) was the best cook around...people would line up down the street to get a taste of her cooking...we like to think we got our cooking skills from her! (She would feed half the town of Winchester)
260. I respect people who are honest with themselves...who don't constantly point the finger and blame others...who hold themselves accountable and truly understand we are all flawed in some way...look in the mirror and get real is what I say
261. psyched for the little pleasures of summer...beach...ocean water...deck garden...grill....sprinkler...fishy pool...slip n slide...long weekends away :)
262. so excited to start golfing again with my peeps...woohoo!!! several golf dates planned...double WOOHOO!!!
263. Jersey Boys has been my favorite musical I have gone to seen (believe it or not)...enjoyed it more than Les Mis, Phantom and Wicked and those are very tough acts to follow! Could see Jersey Boys 100 more times
264. Going to Lake Wallkill is like stepping back in time..."Hot Dog it's Regatta Time Again!"
265. I never knew why my ex and my best friend growing up were so similar...when I found my ex, he reminded me so much of her and we always joked about it...recently, I found out why and so much made sense to me...after all these years
266. It takes a very strong person to be a good step parent...I never thought I was strong until I became one. Now I know how strong I am...the rejection....the judgement...helping to raise kids the best way you know how.....the criticism...and then not allowing all of this to bother you? Strong to say the least...even with the sadness I sometimes feel...I wouldn't change it for anything...my wonderful husband and the gratitude from my terrific step kids makes it all worthwhile...the strength comes from within and from their unconditional love...and this my friends, is the greatest gift of all
267. It is amazing how much clearer I am thinking after a life-changing week...I know that things are not only going to be okay...they are going to be fabulous and I am SO THANKFUL
268. It is amazing how much we have accumulated in 5 short years in our home...we are only realizing now as we purge and prepare to test the market
269. Mexico is in our future...near future
270 Why my marriage works? No games
271. Why our family thrives? One of the biggest reasons: Family dinners (as many nights as possible) with good quality conversation (and Wii family golf tournies too of course) :)
272. Our life? Controlled Chaos......balance...juggling...sense of humor...faith...hope and love
273. Not a fan of those who live in a passive-aggressive place...I am sure you already got that with me being a type A and all
274. Yes I am finding it hard to reach that 344 number...yes there is a certain amount of ego here...full of myself? I guess a bit but I choose this forum to share my purpose in life and enjoy the entertainment of all of the feedback and backlash too!
275. Re-connected with Lizzy on Facebook...and her first note to me read "Holly...Do you still celebrate Doll Christmas?"...again I had such a charmed childhood
276. Favorite things to do with my friends in elementary school? Crank call boys...play with Strawberry Shortcake Dolls....Barbies and Cabbage Patch kids....dance...roller skate...watch Michael Jackson and sing every word of every song
277. So you want local restaurant recommendations? Best Sushi in Boston- Haru. Best Sushi in NH- Wasabi (Salem). Best Italian in Boston- Limoncello's- Best Italian in NH- Ronaldo's(Hampton)- Best Martinis in MA- Felicia's (Stoneham). Best Martinis in NH- Blue Mermaid (Portsmouth). Best Mojitos- Blackwater Grill, Salem NH. Best Salmon Salad- Sky Restaurant, Sudbury, MA. Coffee (outside of the Breton Household ;) )- The Village Bean Windham, NH. Best Gelato- Cafe Paradiso- Lowell, MA. Best Seafood Tower- Abe & Louie's- Boston, MA. Best Halibut- Cafe Escadrille Burlington, MA. Best Mexican AND Best Margaritas- Poco's Cantina- Portsmouth, NH. Best Pizza- Pizza Regina (any Boston, MA location). Best Dessert- Cheesecake Factory (any location)- try the 7 layer cake which includes a layer of coconut cheesecake (to die for)
278. Best New England Vaca suggestions: Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham, MA. Wentworth by the Sea in New Castle, NH. The Colonnade Hotel in Boston, MA (in summer for rooftop pool). Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, RI (in October for the Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular), Rockport (MA)
279. Best designer clothing buys? (Not giving away all of my secrets) ;)
280. I am FREAKING OUT! ha ha...that one was for you Jenny G :)
281. It perplexes me with all of our medical breakthroughs and technical advancements, that there is still no cure for the common cold?
282. THE MONK! enough said
283. Local spa suggestions? Best Facial- Freedom Salon & Day Spa (York, Maine). Best Massage- Balance Spa (Tewksbury, MA). Best Mani & Pedi-The Spa at the Venetian Hotel (Las Vegas, NV)- Best Hair- Bella Viaggio Salon & Day Spas (Windham, NH), Best Salt Rub- La Novita (Randolph, MA)
284. When you are travelling, always try the local specialties...whether it be a food or a drink...try the lobster in New England...try the beignets in New Orleans...the red snapper in Miami...the Sangria in Coconut Grove...the tequila in Mexico...the Shoefly Pie in Pennsylvania Dutch Country...and the champagne and duck confit in Montreal