-->

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 
 
Hi Friends and Happy Wednesday!  It's time, once again, for Hodgepodge with Joyce!  Let's answer her fun questions...
 
 
 
1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate. 

 


They energize me...they keep pushing me forward...reminding me to focus and keep my eye on the prize...whether they are personal goals and dreams or professional ones...my faith is the biggest thing that gives me strength and energizes me and then my goals and dreams come next! They are all crucial to my personal growth. 

 

 

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons? 

 


 I LOVE lemon!  I love the taste and the flavor and the scent- one of the cleanest scents around.  I love lemon in pasta dishes and with seafood dishes and I love a Limoncello Spritz- reminds me of Italy!

 

3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it. 

 


It happens to me constantly at work.  When a placement doesn't come together or when I get overlooked/passed over for great opportunities- it can be very difficult to not get stuck.  When these things happen, I feel sorry for myself and get crushed but try not to stay there.  I focus on my next goal and a productive task I can focus on that will hopefully bring good results in the future.  It is a work in progress. 

 

 

4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?  

 


 Flowers- Nail Polish- Accessories- Candy and anything LEMON :)

 

 

5. How would you describe your attention to detail? 

 



 Average- Yes I am detail oriented but I am also not super picky and low maintenance when it comes to many things. I am a sales person through and through so I focus more on revenue-generating activity, pushing and making connections.  I worry about the details later sometimes.

 

 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 


To go along with the lemon theme, I wanted to share a recipe with you that was a recent win.  It is actually part of a video going on TikTok this week too!  Check out this Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe HERE 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Joanne said...

That lemon chicken recipe looks delicious! I tend to be crazy focused on detail oriented and it's actually something I've been working on for years and years to let go of details that don't really matter..

Kim Carberry said...

I feel the same about my goals, they energise and keep me motivated.
That quote did make me chuckle. I always do a little complaining when things don't go to plan.
Yum! That lemon chicken dish looks good.

Maria Rineer said...

That lemon dish looks so good! Please provide deets on the blog too if you get a chance :). Your answers to three and give are really good!

Holly said...

Full recipe coming tomorrow Joanne! Good for you- that's a great thing to focus on- sometimes I wish I were more detail oriented

Holly said...

I complain too -believe me Kim. I just try to quickly snap out of it!

Holly said...

It's coming at ya tomorrow Maria! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...