-->

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What's Up Wednesday (December 20, 2017)





So...we are doing What's Up Wednesday a week earlier again this month.  I am not complaining.  This is my FAVORITE post every month and do I hope the lovely ladies plan on continuing this linkup in 2018.  Linking up HERE

Here is what has been going on in our world.....


What We're Eating This Week

Monday- Shay's Slow Cooker Stroganoff
Find the Recipe HERE 

Tuesday- My Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti.  Find my tried and true recipe HERE 

Wednesday- Crockpot Pulled Pork with Cornbread and Green Beans.  Find the pork recipe HERE 


Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Pizza Night for the kiddos- Mama and Daddy are out!

What I'm Reminiscing About

I have been thinking about my grandparents quite a bit lately.  I miss them so much and cherish all of the memories...especially this time of year.  It sounds so cliche but what I wouldn't give for just one more conversation...one more hug
(Pictured below are my two grandmothers with me on the day I received my First Holy Communion)


What I'm Loving

JOY



It keeps showing up in my life...in all different ways...and I am appreciating it every...single...time 


What We've Been Up To

We enjoyed all of our Annual Thanksgiving Weekend Traditions! 

Breakfast with the Fourniers

Friendsgiving at Coleen's 

We took our Family Christmas Card Pics 

We hosted Thanksgiving Eve for Family and Friends!

and we walked in the annual Windham Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Morning!


We enjoyed a yummy and intimate dinner with the grandparents

 Mama and Auntie Cass had a BALL on Black Friday!
and we had a blast at Julia's Bat Mitzvah 




 We LOVED seeing Diana dance as a Party Girl in the Nutcraker


and Mama had a blast meeting Elin Hilderbrand with some PTA pals

Relf the Elf is back and up to his old tricks ;)

and Mama hosted her 3rd Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange!

While Mama was down for the count with a sickness, Daddy took the girls to the Town Holiday event where they got to see Santa and see the tree lighting!

We enjoyed the Stone Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa


Auntie Janie made sure the girls had their chocolate advent calendars!

and Mama and Diana had a wonderful trip to Cheer Nationals in Orlando, Florida




Mama enjoyed a holiday dinner courtesy of her friend "Chef Greer"

and an annual Christmas lunch with Auntie Cass

Mama hosted PTA for the December meeting...at home
and Mama and Daddy enjoyed a holiday dinner with some besties

We all enjoyed family skate day at "Eva's Rink" ;)

and we participated in our 3rd Annual Jammie Christmas


What I'm Dreading.....

Snow...and ice.....and January, February and March...is that too much? ;)


What I'm Working On

My Career AND All the holiday responsibilities 


What I'm Excited About

A break from cheer for Diana which means so much more downtime and family time at home!




What I'm Watching/Reading

Well.....lots of this!!!  SHOCKER right?  Ha ha!!

as well as American Housewife, This Is Us, Dance Moms, Greys Anatomy, Scandal, Jane The Virgin, Riverdale, Teachers and then some of my favorite Christmas movies (that aren't on Hallmark) like Christmas Vacation, The 12 Dates of Christmas, and Love At The Christmas Table (Diana and I hope to get back to our binge-watching of Glee after Christmas)


I have been reading ALL Elin Hilderbrand as I work my way through the Winter Street Series- I am on Book #4, the Finale, Winter Solstice...they have all been fantastic!


What I'm Listening To


I have been soaking up as many Christmas tunes as possible on Sirius XM Satellite Radio
My two favorite stations are Sirius XM Holly (more contemporary holiday hits) and Siriux XM Holiday Traditions (More Old School and Classic Go-Tos)




What I'm Wearing

Loft Holiday Tops are the BOMB
I got this one for 60% off- FTW
You can still find it HERE
(Necklace from a few years back- roughly $10 at Forever 21)





and this one, same sweet deal.
Find it  HERE
LOVE bell sleeves 




 What I'm Doing This Weekend

We have dinner with some besties on Friday night at my favorite restaurant Surf!

We are visiting the cemeteries with holiday plants on Saturday


Saturday night, we are taking the kids to our friends, the McLains for a low key holiday gathering and then

Sunday is Christmas Eve...one of my favorite days and nights of the year!  We have mass and then lots of visiting to do and then of course the Feast of the 7 Fishes!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

Some downtime...Seriously!



What Else Is New?

My Mother in Law was admitted to the hospital last night with pneumonia- it is so scary and sad, especially this time of year.  Just praying.


BONUS QUESTION FOR THE MONTH:
What is the best gift I have ever given a male at Christmas?

It would have to be the gift of a child.  When I told Rob we were expecting Diana, it was at Christmastime and it was the greatest gift of all :)
So what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Praying for your mother in law....I had to re read the last part after seeing the pregnancy test, LOL!!!

Tanya said...

It looks like a very busy and festive month. How cool that you got to meet Elin Hilderbrand. I just finished the Winter Street series...so good! I'm stopping by from the What's Up Wednesday link up. Have a wonderful week-before-Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...