Hi Friends and Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I am here with my partner Sarah and we are chatting about our weekends. Hope you will join us!
Here is what our sizzlin' summah weekend looked like here in New England
Friday Night
Rob was playing in a golf tournament with work, Diana went out with friends and Pidge and I made a surprise errand to the mall for Diana's upcoming bday/going away party. (Eva insisted on giving Diana this gift- it is a Sister Build A Bear with her Voice in it- so so cute but that pit in my stomach just got a little bigger friends). Then we had a relaxing night at home. I made us a salad bar for dinner- yum!
Saturday
We were up bright and early. We enjoyed coffee in the kitchen, chatting and getting ready for Zach and Zoe's Bridal Shower.
Now you know I love my Herbalife Mega Teas but I love alternating in a little coffee now and again. During the summer, it tends to be iced coffee. I got some new sugar free syrups to try and I loved them. I made myself a "Fluffernutter" or "Fluffanutta" Iced Coffee as we say in New England- it was dark roast coffee with sugar free peanut butter syrup and sugar free marshmallow syrup in it- delish!
My mom got to the house a little before 10 and all us girls took a few pics and headed to the main event.
It was a lovely, coffee-themed celebration. Zoe and Zach's moms did a great job. I wish I could've helped and been involved but it is what it is and I was happy to see Zach so happy- he deserves only the best in life.
After the shower, when we got home, my mom took off and we all got ready for our special family dinner that we had planned- the last one with the four of us as the way we know it now...life is changing...it is all good but cherish these special times for sure...hanging on to these moments with dear life!
We headed over to Newburyport, on the coast. We hit up Tuscan Sea Grill and it was awesome. We loved being right on the water and enjoying some great seafood and laughs. I made sure we got some great pics too of course.
When we got home, Eva headed to chat with friends on line, Rob and I headed up to watch some tv and Diana had a boy come over to watch a movie for their first date.
We crashed pretty hard!
Sunday
This was a day of relaxing like we had planned and really needed. Diana and I headed to Starbucks with the top down which felt awesome! We caught up and she gave me all of the tea from her date.
Friends...when I eventually tell this story, it will be funny and so ironic...but God works in mysterious ways...and I will leave it at that! For now, it's all good...the beauty of going to college nearby is that she gets to see and keep in touch with some of her people who will also be local.
After that, we wanted to drive around a bit more and I convinced her to let me stop at Nutrition Corner for a tea/extra caffeine...so glad we did...when we go there, we saw they were doing Barbie-themed teas so we both got one!
After that, we spent most of the day outside and floating and swimming in the pool. Eva hung out with one of her besties who came over to swim too.
I made us a grilled steak dinner and Papa came and enjoyed dinner with us.
It was just what the doctor ordered. What were you all up to?
Lastly, praying for my blogging friend Jen...we are here XOXO































8 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You girls all look pretty in pink for the shower. So glad you had a nice family dinner out somewhere special too. I think you will really love this next new season, once you're over the send off of course : )
What a perfect summah (I feel like an imposter but I wrote what I wrote, lol) weekend! The Build a Bear- oh my heart! The pictures are all fabulous. You guys look great. The bridal shower pictures are so good! You ladies are all beauties as is your DIL to be! That balloon arch/photo op- perfection! I hope the couple received many wonderful presents and have great memories from the day with loved ones. Your dinner out by the water sounds lovely.
I just had my daughter’s bridal shower and we did the same theme! Congrats to Zoe and Zach! I’m so glad you’ve been able to enjoy lots of family time, Diana will do amazing at college (you will too!!)! I am so heartbroken for Jenn. 😭
I love a bad date story! My sister once went to dinner with a guy who proceeded to do magic tricks at the table the whole date! On the first date!
You all look gorgeous in your pink shower dresses and you need to frame the one with your mom for Mother's Day or make her a mug or something with that photo. You will be so glad to have it done and ready!
And, what a special dinner!
Thinking of you at this transitional time.
OH it wasn't a bad date at all Amy- ha ha! it is just who it is :)
Oh my gosh Cara- can't believe you are in that stage- congratulations! :)
You are just the best Maria- thank you XO
Yes for sure Joyce- thank you :)
Post a Comment