-->

Monday, August 8, 2022

Hello Monday and Hello Last Relaxing Weekend Of Our Summer!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Nothing too exciting to share from this weekend but I know I will look back on it fondly especially when I woke up to a text from Diana this morning that said, "thank you for a great weekend...it was awesome" and we really didn't do much BUT there was lots of QT and that is what I am holding on tight to.  


If you blogged today, Sarah and I hope you will join us by grabbing our graphic above and linking back up with us below!


Here is what our little weekend looked like



Friday Night


Rob took the girls out to their fave place, "The 99s" :)  I was supposed to have a long overdue night with my bestie Lea but she ended up getting stuck at work...we were sad and she started sending me pics of us so I got even more sad but for me, it ended up being a relaxing night at home until the family got back...so it was good nonetheless

 



 

Saturday

 

We started with our date walk first thing and played "Dodge the Turkeys"- UGH YES...can't stand birds and they are the WORST...but it was fun to change up our route a bit ;)

 

Then I headed out to have my nails and toes done...a little more relaxation before the work at home was waiting for me.

 

God bless my hubby as he got started without me and started purging and putting together bags for donations.

 

 

It was time to attack the girls closets- purge- organize and hang the new outfits for the school year!

 


It was a group effort and took us about 4 hours.

 

We all felt great after- all organized- outfits together- shoes lined up and backpacks packed with all of the supplies.  (even Remi) ;)


I also meal prepped for September so we are ready to enjoy the rest of our summer and the fam is ready to rock if I am laid up a bit after my surgery.

 

At 4pm we headed to mass and then recorded a little snippet for our church's big 60th year anniversary that will be held and celebrated in September.

 

That night, Rob and his band played a private graduation party in town and the girls and I got some Japanese takeout and then watched "Finding Clara" for the upteenth time on YouTube.  Diana is hoping this is her year- the very biggest year and the one she has been working towards her whole life- many prayers and fingers crossed- auditions are in a month! :) 

 

 

Sunday

 

I ordered groceries on line- thank you Instacart.  Then we packed up and headed up to the beach first thing!

It was so hot yesterday so it was great being near the ocean- we got our fill of sun and fun - boogie boarding- floating and then sunbathing....and the girls were on a mission to collect many shells and rocks too.  We packed a picnic lunch and just had an awesome day.

 




 





Last night, it was pizza and a patriotic movie "Dave" to get us excited for our little getaway to DC next weekend- we can't wait!

 


That is what we were up to. What were YOU up to?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

You're having surgery?! I feel like I missed something, so I'm going back to read a post I may have missed. I know that's never the ideal option, but thankfully it's providing you with a light at the end of your long tunnel. I know you'll be so glad to be done with it all and to have lots of time to rest and recover in your newly organized/cleaned space while eating good food you prepared ahead of time.

Just a thought- when I had surgery, I asked my closest friends to help me out with meals and someone set up a "take them a meal" page on that website. If you feel comfortable doing that, you may want to consider asking someone the same thing. That's one way that I do "ministry"- I take meals to friends and even strangers in my church that need an extra hand. I think the schedule was set up to bring us meals three nights a week. It felt like a lot to ask, but I always vowed to do that for others, so I feel like I passed it on. It's worth considering if you're going to be down for a while and it helps your family and your peace of mind.

On a lighter note, my weekend was good too! Lots of good times, food, movies and shows!

Andrea Nine said...

You guys should know how to have fun! Those sweet little waves look so relaxing!

Maria Rineer said...

Good job on getting the girls' closets sorted out and garbage bags compiled for giving away. Isn't it the best feeling to get rid of unwanted/ unneeded things? It sounds like your weekend with your family was so lovely. Fingers crossed for Diana as well. I hope that this is her year!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

We went to the beach on Saturday too and I was so happy to swim in the warm water. There is nothing like going to the beach in the summer. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Joanne said...

Those beach photos look fabulous! We talked about heading to the shore yesterday but it was nearly lunchtime by the time my husband brought it up.

Tanya said...

The beach looks so fun, fitting it all in before summer is over. I also missed the surgery news, so I'll go back and find the info. Hope it all goes smoothly. <3

Amy said...

You are so lucky to be close to the beach that you can do a day trip! Ah! I love that you had the perfect mix of productivity on Saturday and fun on Sunday! That's the way to do it so the work isn't hanging over your head. Have a great week!

Jennifer White said...

what a perfect weekend. The beach looked fabulous! What a sweet text from Diana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...