-->

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Breakfast Bake

I don't know about you but I love eggs!  Most of the time, for breakfast, I eat egg whites or some type of egg dish with either veggies or fruit.


On a Sunday morning, a few weeks back, Pidge and I were going to visit my parents and try and cheer my mom up as she continues her recovery from hip surgery.  We agreed that we would stay for breakfast and Papa Pete was picking up some sweet treats.

I thought it would be fun to surprise them with an egg dish and so I got to work...very spur of the moment...and concocted this yummy little dish.  It was quick, simple and delish and something I plan on making regularly.




Here is what I did.....


Ingredients:

8 eggs
 Splash of Non Dairy Creamer
 Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup cheddar, shredded cheddar
1/4 cup mozzarella, chopped 



Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with Pam
Whisk together eggs
Add Cream, Salt and Pepper to taste
Fold in spinach, mushrooms and onion
Then fold in cheeses
Pour mixture into prepared dish
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until firm and edges are golden brown

Cut into squares- serve and enjoy!


You really can add any veggies, meats and cheeses you like

I was aiming for healthy!  Next time I may even add tomatoes and/or roasted red peppers for some more color and fun :)


2 comments:

Adrienne Patenaude said...

This looks so good. We may have to make it for Easter morning

Rebecca Jo said...

I'd be all over this. I love eggs & quiche style dinners... my husband cant stand them though - BOO!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...