-->

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday (November 22, 2017)





Yeah yeah!  My favorite link up of the month AND a whole week early....so fun!

Linking up with Mel, Shay and Sheaffer HERE

Here is "What's Up!"


What We're Eating This Week

It is the best week of the year for food because we are looking forward to Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday...who is with me? 

Our Menu looks like this, this year:

Appetizers

 Stuffed Mushrooms
 Cranberry Jalapeno Dip

Main Course

 Roasted Turkey
Mashed Potato Bread Stuffing
French Pork Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes
Squash
Green Beans with Shallots and Bacon
Corn Souffle
Ruth Chris Sweet Potato Bake
Onions with Cream Sauce
Peas

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Applesauce Jumbles


What I'm Reminiscing About

"When I'm 64"

My Mother-In-Law is not doing well and it is very hard watching a family member suffer.  Anyway, not to be a downer, I have been reminiscing alot about the fun times with her.  The one memory that jumps out at me is when she was turning 64 and we were at her and my Father-In-Law's house.  We brought over a birthday cake and Rob played the Beatles song, "When I'm 64!" She loved it and was laughing and I will never forget that night.
Here she is with my father in law in healthier times




What I'm Loving

Duh!!



What We've Been Up To

Diana visited the NH State House with her Class

Mama attended an HR conference in Boston and one of her professional idols was recognized

Mama and her PTA pals made a Scarecrow for the town's 1st Annual Scarecrow Contest...and had a blast doing it!


Mama and Daddy had a blast at Lea and Mike's Annual Halloween Party


and the whole fam had a ball at Kathy and Jerry's Oktoberfestoween

Diana and her team captured the state title!


and while we were busy "cheering", the rest of the fam was having breakfast....

Eva has been LOVING skating :)

We suffered another violent wind storm but this time our only casualty was the swing set and we feel lucky/blessed 

We carved more pumpkins...






and Mama enjoyed chaperoning Diana's Class Halloween Party

Mama and Daddy enjoyed the 5th Annual Halloween Bash/Turf Fundraiser...dressed as Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton ;)

The girls surprised Mimi in her office and then the other grandparents all decked out in their Halloween costumes!


and despite Halloween being postponed, we had our best one to date! We visited with so many friends and road around in a golf cart all night!

Diana's cheer team placed 1st again!


and we started decorating for Christmas the earliest we ever have!  

Mama saw Bad Moms with some besties...

 and then again with PTA pals.....

and Diana has been practicing hard for the Nutcracker.... 


and Diana's Cheer team came in 2nd place at the New England Regionals Competition in Providence this past weekend.  That means they earned a bid to Nationals in Orlando, FL and she and I will be taking off for that on December 6th.



What I'm Dreading.....

Both dreading and looking forward to it if that makes any sense.  Traveling a few weeks before Christmas...ugh.. heading to Orlando for Cheer Nationals....dreading the financial stress but looking forward to some QT with Diana and friends especially in sunny Florida (staying as positive as I can)

What I'm Working On


All the Christmas tasks....trying to enjoy the season...it can get overwhelming sometimes....do you agree?


What I'm Excited About

Seeing Diana dance in the Nutcracker this weekend...I cannot wait!!!


What I'm Watching/Reading

We were thrilled with the finale of Vice Principals...I was even more thrilled when I read that the producers may consider a Season 3 eventually....oh please please!




American Housewife...The Thanksgiving Episode was Hysterical as Predicted

This Is Us...gets better and better



Riverdale

Greys

and a whole lotta this....

and still watching Scandal, Jane The Virgin and Dance Moms 


I just finished reading Class Mom...get it...today..you won't stop laughing....


and I just started Shattered: The True Story of A Mother's Love, A Husband's Betrayal and a Cold-Blooded Texas Murder by Kathryn Casey..(True Story) wow so far!  So horrifying and I can't believe I never saw this on the news or read about it



What I'm Listening To

A Whole Lotta Sirius XM Christmas Tunes via....


and
and Charlie Puth remains a fave



What I'm Wearing


Fall tops...all season from Macy's and Loft....




and some recent Stitchfix finds....






What I'm Doing This Weekend


One of my favorite weekends all year.  It is a looonnnnggg holiday weekend starting on Wednesday night with our "Thanksgiving Eve/Friendsgiving Celebration" with Family and Friends and then we have Thanksgiving with family on Thursday, Black Friday Shopping with Cass on Friday, Our friends' daughter's bat mitzvah on Saturday and Diana in the Nutcracker on Sunday...it will be a whirlwind of fun and quality time with family and friends...so excited!



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

All of the Christmas Fun...the lights...Santa...the festivals....and I guess Mickey's Christmas Parade :)




What Else Is New

I love my family and all of the coziness we have already shared this season...lots of candles...and cooking...decorating and Hallmark movies XOXO



Bonus Question Of The Month:
What are some of our creative ideas for our Elf on the Shelf

Well...I can't wait to see all of your suggestions because I struggle to get creative...Our Elf, Relf, tends to get into our lighting....and into marshmallows...and even the toothpaste ;)








That's a wrap...what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Kelly Chen said...

Yes, Riverdale!! My boyfriend and I have been watching. I love it so much that I've watching without him sometimes (oops!). :)

Good Better Best Food said...

Those mushrooms look amazing! And I am a Hallmark Channel gal too. I totally thought What's Up Wednesday was next week...need to get mine posted.

Hope you had a Good Thanksgiving.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...