-->

Monday, August 20, 2007

Daddy's Birthday!








My Dad turned 66- he doesn't even look 40! Seriously! I decided to go all out and make a gourmet several course meal! Every course, I made from scratch and I was actually proud that I pulled it off. I was trying reallllly hard to impress my parents :) Well I did AND I could not have pulled it off without that husband guy...he was a life saver! Thank you babe :)

We started with Watermelon Situation Cocktails as we snacked on Cream Cheese and Lox Stuffed Cucumbers as well as Eggplant Hummus with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.

Our first course sitting down was homemade jumbo lump crab cakes with garlic aoili and warm popovers right out of the oven.

Dinner then consisted of Black Pepper Encrusted Tenderloin Steaks on the grill topped with Warm Goat Cheese, Corn and Barley Salad with Arugula, Tossed Wild Green Salad and Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Chives.

Dessert consisted of my mom's deadly chocolate chocolate chip pudding cake with marshmallow frosting and my homemade individual berry crisps with vanilla ice cream.

We pretty much collapsed and rolled out the door when we finished!!! Enjoy the pix that Rob took...I love when my hubby gets impressed with my cooking too...he LOVES when I get creative in the kitchen and loves even more when he gets to reap the benefits!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...