-->

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Wanna Know...


4th of July is quickly approaching. It is our family tradition to always do something special. We usually go away to a local beach area overnight or for a few nights...hit the beach...have a special dinner...etc. Some years, we have been fortunate enough to go away for longer.

One of the fam's favorite trips was Martha's Vineyard. It was the trip where just about everything went wrong. I am sure you are wondering why that would be everyone's favorite though. It is like a wise woman once said to me, "instead of worrying about things going wrong...live in the moment and enjoy each one." I can truly say we all did that year...from getting seasick on the ferry over...to a van accident on the way to our hotel...to Rob getting food poisoning to my dad falling off his bike three times during our biking excursion...etc etc...we still have so many laughs about that trip.

The picture above is us in our glory. I can't believe how much has changed since this trip...Zack looks like a little kid here and he is such a handsome young man now and MONK was not even with us yet...hard to remember life without her.

4th of July for the Bretons means Portsmouth and Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit and pure New England paradise.

This year, we are venturing into the Big City (Boston) for some really appropriate "independent fun"...we are also making a pit stop on Saturday beforehand to make sure that Holly makes a dream come true and checks one more thing off the bucket list (stay tuned- cannot wait!)

I Wanna Know, though, what you are doing for the 4th and more importantly what have some of your favorite 4th of July celebrations entailed????

If you cannot post a comment/we are not connected on Blogger- email me please! hbinda@yahoo.com.

Inspire me...as we honor this amazing country together!!!! xoxoxo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing quite as wonderful as a family doing things together. Life is short, so it pays to make beautiful memories. Your family, I'm sure, has millions of them. Fourth of July used to be great fun for my husband and I but we're not near our children now. Still, distance does not keep us from being connected. Our fourth of July used to be filled with family members cooking something special together. We spent the day at the park, playing ball, swimming, having our picnic. Then when darkness arrived, we lit fireworks. My favorite family thing has always been the family recording we make. We'd pass the microphone around and each person would tell what their favorite part of the day was. It's a bit early but I hope you and your family have an awesome 4th of July.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...