Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year 2002?
I was going through a challenging time in my life...a divorce...a hard time at work...lots of pressure and change...not one of my favorite years for sure...so let's focus on Dirty Dancing :)
2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway?
Me per ChatGPT when I eventually get on a paddle board ;)
Paddle Boarding in the ocean...I am scared because I do not think I have the core strength to handle it...it looks so beautiful and relaxing and I would probably be huffing and puffing...I would also love to try surfing...again, I would probably slip off my board and whack my head but a girl can dream!
3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Which melon is your favorite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Of the watermelon food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...
LOVE watermelon...yay! Watermelon then Honeydew then Cantaloupe...I would say yes to all watermelon items listed above but watermelon salsa would be my fave.
The Pioneer Woman's Watermelon Pico de Gallo is a fave. Check out this recipe that I shared HERE. It's like watermelon salsa- delish!
4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a middle child? If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of origin? Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate.
I am not. I am the oldest and my personality fits me to a tee when it comes to birth order. I studied a lot about birth order when I started dating Rob so I could understand his kids- especially his middle child who completely fits that mold- it is too funny!
5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people? Explain.
I would like to talk to everyone...I am a people person...I love people and want to talk to as many people as possible.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I got nothin'...ha!







16 comments:
I had to resort to talking about flies for my random thought, lol. I tried to paddle board in the ocean. I don't think I ever stood up but maybe for a second! Alyssa did it like it was nothing- but she's very athletic/strong. I loved watching her- we do not live near an ocean so it's not an environment where I'm used to seeing her doing things like that but I loved it! I have never talked to you but I could see you talking to everyone at a party!
2002 does seem like a really tough time in your life. Sending love and hugs.
Paddle Boarding does look like fun but I think I feel the same about it. It looks like a lot of work
hahaha! I struggled with a random thought this week too.
I am sorry 2002 was a rough year! You should try paddleboarding on still water first. Tom paddleboards on the river. It's harder than it looks to stay balanced. He has also done it on Lake Michigan.
I can't believe people do yoga on paddleboards. How?
Can't wait to meet you in person- hopefully this year/next year Maria :)
It was- thanks Kim!
Good point Amy!
We had a lady on our lake that did paddleboard yoga a few summers ago and while I thought that sounded so neat, I never actually gave it a try... mostly because I don't have a paddleboard and wasn't going to buy one only to find I didn't like it. I don't think I would every try it in the ocean though. While I love being near the ocean I'm terrified to be anywhere in it that I can't touch the bottom.
I'm so impressed by people paddleboarding in the ocean. I can barely stay upright on the lake which is mostly smooth. Every now and then a small wave comes through. I haven't made any watermelon salsa this summer. Might have to try that with my houseguests coming in a couple of weeks. Have a great day!
I think paddleboarding would be so challenging! I'm glad happier times came after your tough 2002.
I can understand that Joanne. I tend to get panicky myself from time to time
I would probably be the same on a lake too Joyce- ha!
Thanks Tanya :)
I tried paddleboarding once and stood for about half a second. I spent most of the time on my knees or sitting and was just pleased with that :). Ugh, sorry that year wasn't great and I love following your life now! You are an inspiration!
I bet you could paddle board. I did it back in 2020 (I was in better shape than now, but not the greatest)...we did it in the Columbia river in the Columbia River Gorge and it is not a very placid river, but I managed and it was relaxing. I have decent balance which helped. I am not a strong swimmer so was a bit nervous and I wore a life jacket. Maybe start in a lake and then move up from there.
I think I would start on my knees or sitting as well Marilyn!
Good point Kirstin!
Post a Comment