▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

What's Up Wednesday: September 2026

 




Hi Friends!  Happy Hump Day...can't believe we are at the end of September...but we are...and it's time for my favorite linkup...we are sharing what's up with us...let's get to it...

 

What We're Eating This Week

 

Monday 9/28/26- Angel Chicken Rice Casserole with Broccoli


 

Tuesday 9/29/26- Smash Burger Tacos with Guac and Chips

 


 

Wednesday 9/30/26- BBQ Pulled Pork with Rolls, Green Beans, Potatoes and Apples

 


 

Thursday 10/1/26- Crispy Chicken Thighs with Creamy Cajun Sauce, Carrots and Noodles

 


 

Friday 10/2/26- Pizza Night!

 


 

 

What I'm Reminiscing About

 

 The BEST Blackout Season Yet :)

 


 

 What I'm Loving

 


Moving/Being Active...whether it is lifting or yoga inside or walks outside...it is the key to longevity for sure! 

 

 

 What We've Been Up To

 

We celebrated Diana's Birthday 

 


 and her roommate did as well by surprising her and decorating her room!


 

 Then some besties from home surprised her with a visit and it capped off a great birthday for her...especially after she didn't think anything fun would be happening :)

 


 

Eva and I had dinner with our besties to catch up 

 

 

We decorated the Blackout Bulletin Boards in our schools

 


and we went to our very first MC Football game to watch our favorite cheerleader...we also enjoyed tailgating with family and besties!

 

Shortly after the first game, MC announced that they were elevating the cheer program to varsity status- no longer a club sport- a true D1 varsity team with many more resources- Diana face timed all of us and got very emotional!  We were so happy for her!

 


 

I have to document that I went to the movies by myself for the first time in my life!


 


 We went back to school with a Taco Party and the Obligatory Front Step Photos!







Diana started classes at MC and I got a pic :)





I celebrated my birthday with my little fam....my besties...then with my parents and brother and then our larger friend group...blessed!





 
Labor Day Weekend was full of softball, hockey, family time (including time spent with Diana), dinner with friends and then a trip to the beach (Praise God!)
 
 









Our fall so far has been full of Brooks' Football Games and we are here for it- go 52!

 


 



 and Eva had a blast "glamping" with friends for a weekend!




 Blackout 2026 was record-breaking and the BEST one yet...grateful!

 


 




 Backtracking a little...when Rob and Eva were away for a weekend at a hockey tournament...I enjoyed some time with besties...and with my Diana :)

 







 

 and Eva has been LOVING Cross Country...

and hanging out with besties :)


 

 

 What I'm Dreading

 

Nothing at the Moment

 

 

 

What I'm Working On

 

Trying to make a placement 

 

 

 

What I'm Excited About

 

Some promising business 

 

 

What I'm Watching/Reading

 


Outside of the news, I have been watching Greys here and there but really not much time for TV lately 

 

and My Book for September was 

"Pucked" by  Helena Hunting

 


 

A standalone, brother's teammate hockey romance.

I just snuck out of pro hockey’s most notorious playboy’s bed last night.

I have zero interest in legendary hockey player Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. Having a famous pro athlete for a stepbrother means I’m aware that a lot of these guys are notorious f-boys, therefore all hockey games I attend are under duress.

That is until Alex starts talking books to me.
Then he becomes more than just a hot body with the face to match.
And I discover just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants.

I consider our night of orgasmic magic as just that: one night.
But Alex starts to call.
And text.
And email and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts.

Suddenly, he's too difficult to ignore, and nearly impossible not to like.

The problem?
Alex is a total player.
And me?
I don’t want to be part of the game.

 

 

Oh what a fun read this one was ;) 

 

What I'm Listening To

 

 

The four new bonus tracks from Taylor Swift on her "Encore - The Life Of A Show Girl" Album- outstanding as always!

 

What I'm Wearing

 

Little Bit of Everything...Biz Attire...Workout Clothes...Sweats and Fun Outfits on the Weekends...and there was a whole lotta Blackout Merch in there too ;)...Some Examples...

 




 

 


(I steamed this shirt when I was done with the pics...promise) 






What I'm Doing This Weekend

 

Well if the weather holds up, going to see Brooks play up at Winnacunnett...FNL...and we are celebrating Rob the rest of the weekend...he has a BIG birthday this coming weekend...can't believe it... 

 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

 

Zach's Wedding AND Family Weekend at MACK :)

 

What Else Is New?

 


Zach is getting married in TWO WEEKS...ahhhh!!   

 

 Favorite Recent Amazon Purchase

 


 Lamps for our bedroom...way overdue...Rob's wasn't even working.  You can find them HERE

 

 

So...What's Up With YOU? 

10 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your recap! You had a full and busy month. All of your pictures of your fun activities are really good. It looks like college is going great for Diana and Eva is crushing all of her middle school activities. Black out sounds like a smashing success- great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria- I am still recovering but so grateful :)

      Delete
  2. All the food you are eating looks so good, especially the BBQ pulled pork!
    Well done with Project Blackout and it looks like Diana had a wonderful birthday! It looks like you all had a fantastic month!
    I keep dipping in and out of Grey's Anatomy! It's something I can put on the TV and not pay much attention too as I've seen it all a couple of times before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim- recipes here are still hit or miss but such is life for us Mamas right? :)

      Delete
  3. I have found the best lamps on Amazon - whe knew? Love your recipes, and enjoyed hearing all the latest from your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekly menu sounds yummy! What a fun month you had. I'm amazed at all you can pack into a month. The wedding should be fun and I hope Rob has a fabulous birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a big month for you all and congratulations on the D1 varsity status. That's a huge deal!

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestlife.net

    ReplyDelete