-->

Monday, September 28, 2026

Hello Monday (September 28, 2026)

 


Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  I am here with Sarah and we are chatting about our weekends.  If you did too, linkup with us below!

 

Here is what our fall weekend looked like

 

 

Friday Night

 

It was our BIG Blackout Week....recapping Blackout 2026 tomorrow...until then...leaving you with this...

 


 

 Saturday

 

So...we could not rest yet...we were up bright and early for Eva's hockey game..it was with her girls' team...they did so well with an amazing win and Eva even scored two goals!

 Her bestie Francesca had slept over after Blackout so she came to the game too :)

 






 

After that, we headed home, packed up the car and headed to Merrimack for Homecoming.  Not sure if you are following the news but we were hit with a Nor'easter this weekend here...we were so lucky the rain and wind held out until after our Blackout game...but Saturday not so much...the wind kept blowing our Blackstone out so the plan of Breakfast Tacos and Potatoes was out the window :/

 







with Kathleen (Diana's roommate's mom)


So what did we do....we pivoted when my family got there...we headed into the stadium and grabbed chicken fingers, fries and beer....all just amazing and hit the spot!  Then we headed to the stands to watch our girl do her thang!  When I saw the team on their knees praying before the game, I was reminded once again why this school is so great for Diana :)

 






 

 

My Girrrlll....so proud!











 We stayed for the first half only then watched the rest on NESN at home...we didn't let the weather get in our way....it was great.  MC won 17-10!  WOOHOO MACK!

 

We did takeout for dinner then it was finally time to exhale and decompress.  Eva had a couple of besties over for a "Fall Sleepover" as they dubbed it.  Rob and I?  We went to bed....seriously I fell asleep around 5 before waking up for awhile but then slept again the rest of the night....it was finally time to catch up on rest after this very big week!

 

Sunday

 

We had a nice slow morning.  I made breakfast for the girls which was the perfect finale for their "fall sleepover"

 


 I got organized for the week and then Rob and Eva headed out for more hockey.  I headed down to Merrimack to bring some food to Diana and take her for lunch.

 

We enjoyed a sushi lunch and catching up...

 




After I dropped her back off at school, I went grocery shopping and then made the fam dinner.  I crashed early and hard!  Whoosh...what were you all up to?

26 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

It looks like a great weekend- I was thinking about you guys on the East Coast when I read the news about the weather there. It sounds like it was mostly just annoying for you guys- that's a relief! How fun to get to experience both girls' activities with them. All your pictures are great!! Have a wonderful Monday :).

Joanne said...

I'm glad you didn't let the weather stop you from having a fabulous weekend! I can't wait for this storm to finally clear out today... though we were lucky enough to only have our power blink off and then right back on a few times. I thought for sure we'd be living off the generator for at least a few days.

Rightupmyaliway said...

Looks like a great weekend! I'm glad the weather held out for you guys on Friday. Diana looks so happy! I love the Fall sleepover! So fun! I hope you have a great week, Holly!

Jen Lloyd said...

What a great and fun weekend! I'm so glad your Blackout event turned out so well and that the rain held off for you. I can't believe it's already that cold there...will it warm back up any at all? I loved reading about the fun your girl had at her sleepovers, and how you pivoted with the bad weather. I hope you have a great day, my friend.

Joyce said...

You squeezed a lot of big fun things into the weekend. It looks like you made the most of Saturday in spite of the weather. I hope you had another great Blackout week and a successful campaign. Enjoy your week!

Amy Scott said...

That weather - whoa! I'm sorry about that but it looks like you made the best of it. Again, your weekends make me tired. You are the energizer bunny!

Tanya said...

That game with the Nor'easter coming through - Brrr, y'all were troopers!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm glad the Nor'Easter wasn't too bad and allowed you to enjoy Diana's cheerleading and the game--everyone looked comfy bundeled up against the wind!

Holly said...

Thanks Maria- all and all we really lucked out weather wise-can't complain!

Holly said...

Us too Joanne-we really lucked out!

Holly said...

Thanks Ali- she is settling in nicely and Eva is living her best life- ha!

Holly said...

Not sure Jen- a true warm up probably won't happen until May again.aaahhh! Send help ;)

Holly said...

Thank you Joyce- it was a success-can't wait for the numbers! :)

Holly said...

Ha! Thanks Amy :)

Holly said...

We really were- no choice Tanya- ha! :)

Holly said...

Thank you Pat! We did stay cozy :)

Kim Carberry said...

I am looking forward to reading about Blackout 2026 tomorrow! Well done to Eva and the rest of her team.
Oh my! The weather sounds awful but it's good you were there to support Diana! The fall sleepover sounds like fun!

jennibell said...

Holly, what a weekend!! You are troupers for trying to make that weather work - ick!! I bet it was hard to watch most of the rest of the nation with their BEAUTIFUL football weather on television :/ Can't wait to hear about your Blackout week - it's so inspiring to see the response in your community to all your hard work!

Marilyn said...

The weather did sound crazy that I heard about and saw online. I am glad y'all made the best of it and that the cheerleaders were able to wear some warmer clothes for the day. Looking forward to reading more about the Blackout event!

Laura @ Our Grand Lives said...

I'm so glad the weather held off and that it didn't impact your blackout activities. I'd been thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that it wouldn't impact any of your plans! Goodness! Diana - and you all - are real troopers! Hopefully you've been able to catch your breath this weekend. You definitely deserve some peace and quiet! Have a good week!

Holly said...

Thanks so much Kim- I think I need a fall sleepover now- ha! ;)

Holly said...

Thank you Jenn!

Holly said...

That storm was no joke for the entire east coast Marilyn- scary stuff- thanks so much!

Holly said...

Thank you so much Laura :)

The Glorious Mundane// Suzanne Hines said...

New Englanders are definitely built different haha! That weather on Saturday looks less than ideal!

Holly said...

We don't have a choice Suzanne- ha! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...