Monday, August 3, 2026

Hello Monday (August 3, 2026)

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  I am here with Sarah and we are chatting about our weekends. Hope you will join us!

 

Please bare with me as ChatGPT and I redesign my blog- it is coming along but my pages aren't live yet...it's a work in progress!

 

Here is what our crazy busy and fun summer weekend looked like...

 

Friday Night

 

Eva had her first Brazilian Blowout appointment with the lovely Taylor.  It came out beautifully!  This process takes out the frizz and makes thick hair much more manageable.

 


After that, she made me promise to take her to one of our old favorites for dinner- Coach Stop in Londonderry.  She missed their grilled cheese.  We were also excited to get the Mud Pie dessert again but they were sold out!  Boo...anyway...

 


 

We had a great time together and then headed home after dinner and I crashed immediately.  Eva stayed up for a bit to chat with and play RoBox with friends.

 

 

Rob had a gig at BWG.

 

Diana was up at Vermont State University for her Shrine practice and banquet.  She had a blast. 

 





Saturday

 

We were up bright and early and hit the road to Vermont.  It took us almost three hours but the weather and traffic were on our side.

 

It was fun to see Diana and WHS friends cheer again.  It was hot and sunny so we baked!

 


 







 
 



We really enjoyed their halftime routine...

 


 

Then we whisked her away before the 2nd half started so we could make it back to the area so she could get to cheer practice at Merrimack.

 

Eva went to hang with Papa and Rob and I headed to our last grad party of the season-  so bittersweet and had an absolute blast with my favorite senior mamas.

 


We are starting to schedule regular dinners together to keep in touch. Our first one will be after we get all of our kids moved into college so in September and we are going to make it special.  I can't lie- I had a lump in my throat most of the night even when we got into some laughing fits.  So glad these ladies came into my life this year...just wish we had more time together while our kids were in school...but again, everything happens for a reason.

 


After Diana got out of practice, she met us at the party.  We only got to see her for a few before we headed home to crash.

 

It was a long day and we squeezed so much in-we were wiped!

 

 

Sunday

 

We were up bright and early  and the girls and I headed to the beach for our Annual Mom Daughter Boogie Board Adventure.  The beach was so so comfortable...I almost feel asleep!  Though the water was cold, we got pretty used to it and road some waves.  That lump in my throat was still hanging around.  I wanted to freeze time this day :/

 








We got home around noon and Rob came grocery shopping with me to save some time.  I was grateful.

 

Diana got ready and headed to her next cheer practices and dinner at Merrimack. After that, she headed to a besties' house for a sleepover with the girls before the first one leaves for the University of South Carolina this week :(

 

I watched a documentary on HBO Maxx then made us dinner.

 

We watched some women's college hockey reels and talked about some of Eva's goals.

 


Once I finished this post, I read and crashed early so I could hit my early yoga class at the gym.  What were YOU all up to? 

 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

  1. What a fun filled packed weekend! Eva's hair looks really good and the game looks like a lot of fun. What a special event for the girls! Speaking of girls, how fun to get to the beach with your girls for your neat tradition. I'll bet you made the best memories! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maria- it was a great day that I will remember forever :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely weekend and I just LOVE that all you senior mamas scheduled a dinner to reconnect after drop off-- that is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne- we need each other more than we knew!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with redesigning your blog. I wouldn't know where to start even with ChatGPT's help.
    Eva's hair looks fabulous and what a lovely dinner you had together. It sounds like Diana had a great time. Fab photos of her cheering! How lovely to have a dinner planned with all the other mamas.
    The beach sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim- it is daunting-can't wait for it to be over! It was a good weekend thank you :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like such a fun and perfect activity packed weekend! That lump in your throat...I feel you on that one. When I read those words, I got a lump in my throat for you. These times are not for the faint of heart! For me, my boys didn't go anywhere...but I still mourned the loss of their childhood and the new era it put us into. Once mine were out, they were out for good, so even now with the two at home, I treasure every moment. Even the dog hair! It'll be gone someday and life won't be the same. Needless to say, I feel every word of the emotions you shared. Love you, friend. Big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen- appreciate all of your support XO

      Delete
  5. The blog looks great! ChatGPT - omg! Eva's hair looks gorgeous! So much fun and so many meaningful things this weekend. I really don't know how you do it all!
    I did go to the gym today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit this weekend was pure adrenaline Amy- I crashed early and hard last night!

      Delete
  6. I love the blowout. I need to schedule one as I haven't done it in a long while. It takes forever with my hair so I have to be up for it. The dinners sound like a great idea and a fun way to stay connected. I hope when your girls are grown and married you will still have your boogie board days : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Joyce and maybe when they have kids, they can join us too :)

      Delete
  7. Your mama heart must be so full this Monday morning, Holly! Time with your girls yesterday doing what you love and seeing them so happy at different points during the weekend! A mama can't ask for more! Eva's hair is gorgeous (the first blow out is a big deal) and Diana looked beautiful at her banquet! I'm so glad you and the other senior moms have each other - especially right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the blog re do. I like the way it looks already. It sounds like you had a good and busy weekend. I know what you mean about the lump in your throat. I had it when my daughter went away to college! It goes away after a while though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie- I look forward to that lump going away :)

      Delete
  9. Eva looks so pretty! It must have been fun to see another cheerleading exhibition for Diana andenjoying beach time to cool off. Have a happy month of August!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures from the beach and all the cheer stunts too. Eva's blowout ...wow! She's looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete