Hi Friends! I am joining Amy for her monthly link up when we dish what's up with us "currently." This month's themes are: Adjusting (to), Baking/Cooking, Decorating, Balancing, and Learning....so here we go!
Adjusting (to)
Life at home without Diana...not going to lie...it has been the toughest transition for me...as I knew it would be...I am very proud of her and excited for her but mourning what was/childhood...I know it's normal...doesn't make it any easier
Baking/Cooking
All the things! I have meal planned for the entire month of September per tradition and I am sharing recipes each week on Tik Tok...this week's dinners include: Chicken Parm Sliders (with salad)
a Taco Party (courtesy of Chipotle) for Eva and her Friends as they head to Middle School!
Check out the dessert I picked up for them :)
Eva's Favorite for the First Night Back To School- Ravioli with Homemade Marinara and Homemade Meatballs with Salad and Garlic Bread
and Grilled Steak Tips with Cheesy Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli
Last weekend, I also whipped up an ice cream pie and peach bars with some of the peaches that Eva and I picked! (Pictured Above)
Decorating
Pillow Covers HERE
Well we are re-doing Eva's room...it is a work in progress...we are only in the purging stage...once we start the set up, we will be decorating in white and light blues.
Balancing
Work and Home Life as always...mixing in a little Blackout as it is the season!
Learning
That even professional, intelligent executives who are well-respected, will still do the wrong thing and treat people badly. Sad to say. Last Friday was a rough one with work.
On the bright side, I just learned what a ridge vent is in real estate- pretty cool.
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...just keeping it real y'all!













It's a tough, emotional transition when a child leaves for college or anytime the family dynamic changes with regard to someone moving out. I hope you're holding up ok. Ugh to having a wake up call about certain people at work when you're dealing with other stuff but I guess that's life. On the bright side, your baked items and meals all look really good! The cookie cake looks good and what a fun idea to have Eva's friends over for a meal.
ReplyDeleteThank you Maria- might as well get it all over with at the same time right? Ha!
DeleteYour menu sounds delicious (and gave me some much needed ideas-- thanks!). I love the blue and white tones Eva picked to redecorate her room.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Joanne. We can all use meal inspiration!
DeleteYou are completely right: this post-Grade 12 transition is completely normal but still not easy. As I anticipate this upcoming year, I keep reminding myself that we wouldn't want our kids to live at home forever but that doesn't make the present any less hard. Give yourself grace my friend. Sending so many hugs and much love.
ReplyDeleteThank you Natasha XO
DeleteIt's such a big adjustment, having adult kids! I think you seem to be doing well in this, and I know you will give yourself grace as you navigate this new time. Things will never be exactly the same again, but one thing I've learned is that I love this stage of life with my sons so much more than I ever thought I would. I'm so grateful for this, and I feel like you will be the same someday. Your dinners sound amazing! I can't wait to see what her room turns out to be; I'm sure it'll be beautiful, though. Happy Wednesday, friend! I'm off to Google a ridge vent. Ha!
ReplyDeleteAww thank you Jen- I am looking forward to enjoying this new stage of parenting too- it's just an emotional rollercoaster- happy and sad in the same minute sometimes- ha!
DeleteI could never think of you as a Debbie Downer! I am impressed with your recipes for each week and how fun to have a new project on decorating Eva's room! You are so right on the statement about work, which I can relate and have been through this year too. I hope this week is going better.
ReplyDeleteAww thank you Marilyn! :)
DeleteSending love and hugs. Your home must feel so empty without Diana.
ReplyDeleteYour meals look so good and the recipe cards are fantastic! Just looking at them is making me hungry!
So sorry you had a rough day at work on Friday.
It does Kim :( thank you as always!
DeleteHi Holly, it is definitely an adjustment at first when the kids go off to college. I had such a knot in my stomach for a long time but eventually that feeling goes away. I wish you a lot of luck with Diana and college. Your recipes all look great and I will check them out. I have to get on a regular cooking schedule for each week and meal planning. I hope you enjoy this new month
ReplyDeleteof September!
Aww yes I feel that pit Julie- thank you for sharing :)
DeleteI love that cooking is your therapy, I am the same way, cook and clean when I'm stressed or sad! It is SO hard to let them go on their own, but you've raised an amazing young woman! My youngest moves out on Friday and next week my middle gets married, GAHHHHH!!! I'm feeling all the feels...
ReplyDeleteOh Cara- I can imagine! Time just flies. Wishing you all a wonderful wedding weekend and congratulations! Thank you for your kind words- I will be thinking of you XO
DeleteYou are not a Debbie Downer - I appreciate that you share your real thoughts and feelings with us all! I can't remember if I shared (so apologies if I have already) but when we dropped our oldest daughter off for her freshman year of college (two hours away), I cried the whole way home! Our younger daughter and my husband tried to distract me/cheer me up but everything they said brought on awakened memories and new tears! I was a mess but slowly a new "normal" emerged and it helped so much to see her thriving in her new surroundings. It also gave me cherished time with our younger daughter (5 years younger). I think she appreciated the extra attention - most of the time, at least! Sounds like Eva and her friends have a fun dinner planned to bring on a new year! Good luck as she begins a new year and you navigate it all, Holly! You've got this!
ReplyDeleteOh Laura- I can so relate to this and Eva is 5 years younger than Diana! She is loving the extra attention (most of the time- ha!) Thank you so much XO
DeleteAwww... sweet Holly! Feel your feelings! Play Enya in Diana's room and dance around. Lol! I'm glad you have a project to work on in Eva's room. People suck! Want me to beat them up for you? Just kidding! I hope this week proves to be a better week!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! You always crack me up Amy- thank you for that :) People do suck- sure! Would love you too ;)
Delete